Jack is going to destroy DeGale.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    HE WON ALL 3 Clearly. He got ROBBED against BUTE

nickpoppunk likes this.
  2. moparfan

moparfan ESB's glass jawed fraud Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Degale will win in the eyes and minds of 99% of people, but Jack will win on the judge's scorecards...!!!

3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hardly, the Groves match should have been a draw, the draw in the Bute match wasn't that much of a stretch, there were a few very close rounds, as far as Dirrell goes, DeGale beat the Dirrell that's worth a ****.

Granted Chunky got bossed around the ring and should have had a draw against Porky, and Jack destroyed him.

But on the other hand Jack struggled with and got a deserved draw against Periban, and Chunky destroyed him.

N17 likes this.
  4. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    You got a lot of faith in jack MVC lol

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    It isn't going to the scorecards.:deal:

N17 and moparfan like this.
  6. Darxide

Darxide Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Personally I am picking Degale to win this within 4 rounds.

N17 and CST80 like this.
  7. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    That's what I see. Chunky needs to put him on his more than once

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The only thing Jack is destroying is his career by fighting DeGale. He will never be the same again.

9. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    The jab to the body will be far too much for Degale imo

lewis gassed likes this.
  10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I think it's going to be a close, competitive fight, neither of them is significantly better than the other and their performances against the same opposition seems to confirm that.

But I'm favouring DeGale. I think he's has better variety to his shots and the way he uses his shoulder on the inside will prevent Jack having much success up close, as DeGale's shoulder will give him the room to work and he won't be smothered by Jack's pressure in close.

DeGale biggest problem will be his tendency to switch of during the fight, his lack of focus often has him fighting to his opponents level and giving away rounds. Against Jack that may not be enough for him to lose but it could cost him dearly when he faces a truly elite fighter.

nickpoppunk, KiwiMan and drenlou like this.
  11. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    50/50 fight.. I just hope if it's close and Jack wins, he gets his credit.

12. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    all i know this is a great fight. and we need to continue this trend in boxing. and the undercard davis vs pedrazza might be even better!!

jack is big and strong in there. he will grind out a 12 rd fight. very fundamentally sound. and we seen his chin get cracked cuz he didnt warm up properly i think thats what happened. maybe not, but im sure he fixed that problem if thats what was the case.

degale is a cute fighter . hes gunna be in and out . fast 3 or 4 punch combos. its power vs speed. but i dnt think either are gunna be backing down from another. i feel degale has more athletic ability and maybe a couple more tools.

but its gunna be close decision if jack doesnt knock him out . i think jack can cut down the ring and walk him down and get him outta there late

13. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    And the pull counter!

Cousin Andy, Mr Traumatik and Mekar like this.
  14. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This content is protected

Jack looks good, except for the footwork. Degale has much better footwork and isn't as stiff as Jack.

15. One Round

One Round Hertfordshire's Finest Full Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Chunk definitely has the tools to beat this guy, he just has a tendency to take his foot off the pedal down the stretch and makes fights much closer than he has to. He says he's changed up his training to focus on stamina in the later rounds this time so if that pays off I'd expect a clear UD for DeGale.