Jermain Taylor vs Frank Tate @ 160

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Xplosive, Apr 21, 2020.

1. BundiniBlack

BundiniBlack Well-Known Member Full Member

May 20, 2015
    Im not sure Tate beats Cory Spinks. And Tate would bw lucky to win a round vs B-Hop or Winky. Wouldn't make it past 6 with Pavlik or Froch

This isnt a competitive matchup Taylor wins going away

2. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    So you think that an accomplished pro Middleweight who won an Olympic Gold medal would be lucky to win a round off of Winky Wright? The same Winky Wright that went down to the wire several times with Bronco McCart??? And, you think Tate would be lucky to last 6 rounds with Kelly Pavlik and Carl Froch. Even though Tate had two close decision losses to Light Heavyweight Champion, Virgil Hill? Jermain Taylor never won many fights against top flight opposition "going away." In fact, it was quite often the case that he faded badly late in fights. Just ask Froch or Abraham.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Xplosive likes this.
  3. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    I wouldn't waste my time responding to that guy.

He said a few days that Chavez had faster hands than Duran.

After reading several more of his posts, I think his boxing knowledge is extremely limited.

My money says he's never even watched a Frank Tate fight. He probably BoxRec searched him.

Smokin Bert likes this.
  4. BundiniBlack

May 20, 2015
    Dude, Tate was more or less a stepping stone he lost to basically every good fighter he ever fought. The Virgil Hill fights weren't close. He was stopped by the only 2 punchers he ever fought(Nunn and Telasco).

5. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    An Olympic gold medalist and middleweight champ was a "stepping stone"? You're a special kind of shitty poster, huh?

7. BundiniBlack

May 20, 2015
    The Gold Medal is irrelevant to the discussion and do I really need to go over the list of absolute scrubs who have won vacant titles?

Tate lost decisively to every good fighter he fought thats the definition of a stepping stone