Jerry Quarry vs Ingo's Bingo

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Feb 3, 2020.

1. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The best version of Quarry vs the 1959 version of Ingemar. Who wins this one?

2. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    I'd put my money on Quarry and I'd be quite confident in doing so

3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Quarry for me, I don't think much of Ingo.

4. Hookandjab

Hookandjab Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2014
  5. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I can't see Quarry falling for Ingo's one trick. Make no mistake, rather like Henry Cooper's left hook, Ingo's Bingo was an absolutely perfect punch, as good a right hand as it's possible to deliver but just imagine Jerry countering with his hook. Blast out in 2 chaotic rounds.

6. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Quarry stops Ingo, and I have a suspicion it won't go past the fifth. Ingo trys to blast out Quarry but finds himself getting tagged more than anything. Jerry nails him as Ingo leaves himself open and off balance. Quarry has him down and then gets him again before its stopped. Quarry a better quality fighter imo.

7. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    Johansson did decisively beat Patterson unlike Quarry.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  8. ronnyrains

ronnyrains Active Member Full Member

May 27, 2014
    Jerry all the way, early knockout, he does everything better than Ingo including punch. Jerry's own ability to take a swat, would be deciding in itself, Eddie Machen is not a good reference, we're talking prime for prime here.

9. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Patterson arguably lost to Ellis too.
    Would Johannson beat Lyle,Foster,Shavers?

10. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    NFW!!!!

11. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    I don't know, he could. Although I'd pick Lyle over him. All 3 have the power to knock him senseless but Johannson has enough in his right hand to plaster Foster and Shavers.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Ingo was floored by Brian London.

13. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Again one of those fights that can go either way. Ingo Norton Quarry Bonavena Patterson Charles Walcott were all tier 2 kind of fighters. Anyone of those guys could step up and have a big night or a let down. Ingo was more consistent but he cut his career short (wisely). At there best Id say Ingo knocks him out but Quarry could always surprise

mr. magoo likes this.
  14. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Wasn’t that his last fight? Probably why he retired chin just wasn’t there anymore. Was supposed to have a fight w Liston by being knocked down by London at the end of there fight he thought better of it. Or so I read on this forum somewhere

15. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Pick em fight for me. Johannson beat prime renditions of Machen and Patterson which I don’t think Quarry could. Then again Quarry has a much deeper resume against ranked opposition and in a stronger era. Guess it comes down to styles and weather or not Quarrys counterpunching ability flusters Ingo or if Jerry could take some of the bombs being dished out by the Swede. In either case I think it could be a good fight .