Joe Cazaghe was an overrated hack.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Capt, Apr 24, 2014.

1. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Top 30 for sure.

2. Barry Smith

Barry Smith Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 13, 2012
    :lol:

3. Mind Reader

Mind Reader J-U-ICE Full Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Top 30 is a bit high for me...

I have no problem seeing him in the top 100 which is ATG IMO.

4. lefthandlead

Jan 1, 2010
    Imagine if Joe's father was a toothless crackhead like Roger too.:hey

5. Mind Reader

Mind Reader J-U-ICE Full Member

Oct 26, 2006

:rofl:lol:

Imaging what a crack head Enzo would look like.:rofl

6. lefthandlead

Jan 1, 2010
    Some of Calzaghe's victims are world champs.:deal

7. I Know Everythi

I Know Everythi Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Adrien Broner is a 2 division so-called "world champion"

the world champion status is meaningless with these 4 belts per class. the competition is what's important - and Calzaghe had no elite competition. His best win is a robbery against a 43 year old man. Other than that, he never fought an A-level boxer that remotely resembled an elite fighter at the time of their match.

Bring up all the paper title defenses and paper champions you want, that does not make them legitimate competition

8. cyrax99

cyrax99 The Greatest Full Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Exactly, this is well said.

Joe sat in Wales, content fighting bums, with his hometown referees who would stop the fight for him the first second they could, my video has over a dozen instances of this. Calzaghe fanboys, they are as delusional as the worst *******s, hell maybe worse. Pacquiao atleast has great wins, Calzaghe's "legacy" is that of smoke and mirrors, a completely fictitious lie people have created. Calzaghe said himself HE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN TOUGH FIGHTS, the quote is well documented, and they try to act like he was some destroyer, taking on all challengers. :lol::patsch:patsch

Edit: Found the exact quote! Calzaghe: "I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money."

Oh, and Broner is actually a "3 time world champion" at super feather, lightweight, and the belt he won off Paulie at 147. Just further cements your point about how little that entire phrase even means anymore.

9. Barry Smith

Aug 13, 2012
    If you could build a time machine and put Calzaghe in the ring with prime, true all time greats in and around his weight class, guys like Roy Jones, Archie Moore, Michael Spinks etc, his deluded fans would be in for a cold, hard reality check when they see just how one sided these fights would be.

10. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster SOG has 4 children...he pulls out of nothing banned Full Member

Apr 19, 2014
    jeff lacy the goat.....best win for any boxer ever

11. SweetSciGuru

SweetSciGuru Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 23, 2014
    LOL. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The trickle UP theory? :lol:

12. cyrax99

cyrax99 The Greatest Full Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Dear God, if there are people who think he would take out someone like Spinks, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, Roy Jones Jr. in their primes, they need some psychiatric help for being delusional.

13. Barry Smith

Aug 13, 2012
    And don't forget he beat the great Mario Veit, not only once, but TWICE!!!:lol:

14. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster SOG has 4 children...he pulls out of nothing banned Full Member

Apr 19, 2014
    fighting mario lopez in character as ac slater would have been a better challenge

15. Barry Smith

Aug 13, 2012
    I've actually seen people on here picking Calzaghe to beat Marciano and Holyfield at cruiserweight, and no, I'm not joking (I wish I was).