JOE FRAZIER V JAMES J JEFFRIES?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, Jul 13, 2017.

Who wins?

1. Frazier?

32 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. Jeffries?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Alrighty then. I'll be expecting perfect spelling from you, from now to eternity.

2. louis54

louis54 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Two greats..toss up I'd go with Jeffries....but close to even odds...any fight these guys are in would be exciting....I just don't see bonevena lasting so long against Jeffries as he did against Joe...if so then jeff would not have been the puncher I think he was

3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    It isn't the spelling, its the affectation of using words that are not employed in everyday usage by you, or anyone of your immediate circle,and then committing the cardinal sin of misspelling them.
    I use flowery language myself on occasion ,I do it because I love the English language,and I don't get the opportunity to express myself verbally in that way on anything like a regular basis.
    You in this instance, were trying to confound and impress us with your erudition.
    Attempting to execute an intricate dance step , but sadly tripping over your feet in the process.
    In pugilistic parlance, you threw a right uppercut and I left- hooked you whilst you were momentarily unguarded on your starboard side.
    I am confident you will regroup and be back to your assertive and stroppy self, spraying your bon mots hither and yon without due regard for aim or direction.Lumping those of us who hold differing opinions to yourself into one convenient,"one size fits all," category,painting us one and all with that meandering, undiscerning brush that you have a propensity to wave about whilst blinded by self righteous indignation .

Those that expect perfection are, by the very definition of the word ultimately condemned to dissappointment.

PS I intentionally spelt disappointment wrong to give you a glimpse of fleeting, hopeful revenge.:fufu

Be patient ,as Hannibal Lecter famously said,
    "All good things to those who wait".

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    SHADAPBLAD likes this.
  4. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Do you see Corbett x2,[33rds] ,Fitzx2 [19rds] ,Sharkey x2 [45rds] ,lasting as long with Frazier?

richdanahuff likes this.
  5. SHADAPBLAD

SHADAPBLAD Viscous Knockouts Full Member

Feb 15, 2017
    I think frazier could understimate fitz and get coldcocked. Frazier is the perfect style to really brutalize corbett. Dont know anything about sharkey

mcvey likes this.
  6. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    Thank you for butchering the English language with that superfluous drivel.
    "Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication."

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    You manage to butcher the American language ,God knows what you would do with it's Daddy,the English language!

8. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    From boxing, to spelling, to nationalism.
    What next, are we competing in a potato sack race?

9. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Don't ever kid yourself you are competition!:eaea:

10. superman1986

superman1986 Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 4, 2017

11. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
  12. superman1986

superman1986 Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 4, 2017
    I did it for the lulz!! I also said Shane Tilyard would beat a prime Holyfield by Ko. Also for the lulz. See him here

This content is protected

While I do think Carnera's abilities go underrated, it is funny to say out loud that he was better than Bowe. I tried it and couldn't keep a straight face.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  13. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

That's the main problem here, ignorance.

Which puncher did Frazier every beat? The only one he really fought was Foreman who obliterated him. The next best puncher Frazier fought was likely Bonnevena floored him twice and on the ten point must system, the fight is best scored as a draw. Frazier himself said he was close to a TKO loss.

Frazier liked boxer types ( who were usually smaller ) as they were tails made for him. Punchers ( Not counting Foreman ) are not found on his resume. Hmmm....

Jeffries was bigger, stronger, hit harder, had a much better chin in comparison to Frazier, and is under rated in terms of defense and foot speed.

Frazier could only fight one way and I'm not sure if he hit any harder than Fitzsimmons, who could not hurt Jeffries.

Jeffries via TKO, inside 8 rounds.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

You have been told too many times. Is it dishonesty or a failing memory? I'm not going to say which one, but read and learn for the next time this Sharkey topic comes up, okay?

Jeffries green beat Sharkey when he had less than 10 fights on the record!

In the rematch, he injured his left shoulder ( Jeffries injured in training but decided to go through with the match anyway ) when he floored Sharkey in round two and had to go the remaining 23 rounds with an injury under hot lights.

Sharkey took a beating and had injuries. He was never the same again, and it should be noted that Sharkey was in his absolute prime in 1899. Jeffries would improve as champion.

I continue to laugh at the double standards here when it comes to weights. If Sharkey was too smaller for Jeffries, then so was Frazier who actually much physically weaker than Sharkey by a good margin.

Eddie Futch said Frazier had the worst body he ever on a heavyweight champion, and he meant it as a compliment based on what he achieved.

15. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I see Joe doing a number like he did to Chuvalo ..

richdanahuff likes this.