John Ryder Vs David Lemieux

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wizbit1013, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Can only see a brutal KO here, unfortunately. Bad matchup for Ryder but fun while it lasts, I suppose.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I think he is mental for putting his mando on the line here
    If he is gonna cash out then maybe go for a title at least

I like John though so will be rooting for him

3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Can't see him getting stopped? Ryder's style is based around getting on the inside and he'll be doing that against a huge puncher.

Really hope the Gorilla pulls it off, but it needs to be controlled aggression and avoiding being careless because Lemeiux carries power that will make him pay.

4. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Really like Ryder but with the styles it is a very tough ask. He is going to have to get on top of him or at minimum on the inside - which could be criminal.

5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    In fairness when I posted that I'd forgotten that Ryder got stopped vs Blackwell (although that fight was more him shooting his bolt and then getting stopped by a relentless Blackwell.) I still think Ryder is too sturdy to get sparked, maybe a mercy stoppage but I fancy Lemiuex points.

6. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    You don’t seem to get it. Lemieux has ice cold level power, it switches off the senses when it connects. It’s not a slow thudding cumulative affect, it’s a light out affect.

Although Ryder is a far better fighter than before, he needs to avoid being tagged. I am unconvinced that he manages to pull that off for long enough to win this fight as a decision. His best chance is actually forcing the stoppage himself through his own power shots.

7. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    You don’t seem to get it. Lemieux has ice cold level power, it switches off the senses when it connects. It’s not a slow thudding cumulative affect, it’s a light out affect.

Although Ryder is a far better fighter than before, he needs to avoid being tagged. I am unconvinced that he manages to pull that off for long enough to win this fight as a decision. His best chance is actually forcing the stoppage himself through his own power shots.

8. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Lemieux has legitimate world level knockout power for sure.

destruction likes this.
  9. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    "You don't seem to get it", shut your mouth you plum. We were having a discussion. Don't talk down to me.

Lemieux has brilliant power, no one is denying that. But it's not like he's knocked out every single man he's connected cleanly with. What about Alcine, who beat him before being stopped back to back by Macklin and light hitting Brian Rose?

At SMW I think Lemieux wins, but does not stop Ryder. It is my opinion. You have yours.