Johnny Fisher

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Murderers' Row, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Too early to tell with Fisher who is currently fighting low level journeyman types (which Wilder did for his first 30 plus fights).

Oneirokritis, Wizbit1013 and Jurgen like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Good to see that you have marked his CV mate

Oneirokritis and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Dont worry mate, He'll soon move on to the CV filling Molinas, Sprotts and Skeltons of the world.

RE-Matchroom-style.

Oneirokritis and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Fisher will be in against the likes of Pavel Sour, Nick Webb, Kevin Johnson, Christian Hammer, Bermane Stiverne soon for better judgement.

Molina squandered his certain future bout with Fisher last night.

Oneirokritis, Furey and Wizbit1013 like this.
  5. DomInglesShinyBaldHead

DomInglesShinyBaldHead New Member banned Full Member

Oct 26, 2021
    Looked good last night, hes made improvements already. Long way to go though. Hes an interesting long term project

6. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I like him. Nice lad, works hard and has good physical attributes. Also decent movement. Like a lot of raw talents has loads of work to do on his defence but i'm sure he will since he has a good attitude.

Looking forward to seeing his next fight.

7. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Bellew made a good point about him though, due to his popularity and ability to draw a crowd he might get rushed into a step up fight slightly earlier than Eddie's other heavyweights and with his limited amateur experience he could come up short.

I think his celling is higher than the ones from Whytes' stupid wolf pack or Adelayde.

8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    His dads a clown.

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Nice bloke actually

Gregor1987 likes this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I like what I see so far. Considering he's such a big lump his footwork is pretty nimble. As @moog points out, he was using the feints really well as well. He does leave himself open for that overhand right at the minute but I'm sure this is one of many improvements he can make. He needs to double up the jab and be more patient in setting his work up but he's got genuinely heavy hands.

11. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Is Fisher on roids aswell then mate?

Only joking Gabriel.

aaaaa likes this.
  12. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    He's local to me, around Romford I think. Have a lot of mates that know him. Wish him well and hope he's the real deal. Too early to say though. I think he has more about him than the likes of Nathan Gorman and Fabio Wardley, but still too early to say.

Being guided by Tibbs, his popularity will be like Kevin Mitchell.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Totally agree mate. He is very raw, but understands he has alot to learn, and is going away to spar top heavyweights to do just that. He is intelligent and uses that to identify things. Like sparring Tyson Fury, he said the two things that stood out were how humble Fury was, and how well he treated everyone. Then mentioned Furys footwork and how that is the basis of Furys good work. Said he was studying Sugar Hill too. The footwork looked so much better, so he has took that on board. He can definetly whack. As you mentioned he is open to overhand rights, and needs to improve the jab. Hope to see improvements in those areas over his next couple of fights. I think we will.

Twentyman and Gregor1987 like this.
  14. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Would like to see Fisher in upcoming fights to be put in with some low level British Heavyweights. People like Mark Bennett and Jay McFarlane, as it will improve him and help him get used to pressure of all British fights. Personally i think he would beat both i have mentioned well, but i think both would pose different challenges. McFarlane would take him rounds, maybe the distance as he has not been stopped. Bennett is more nibble and moves more, bringing other obstacles.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    A big lad that can throw a bit. Cannot gauge more than that.