Joshua agrees step aside

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Big Boy Battersby

Big Boy Battersby Member banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Everyone gets it wrong, but for some of the same smug members to then revert to "Joshua lost to a special and once in a generation fighter" etc. is laughable. According to them, he got schooled by a bloke who struggled with Tony Bellew (Matchroom FC crowd)

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Did not read.

3. Big Boy Battersby

Big Boy Battersby Member banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    I don't think that you've read much, frankly.

4. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Think Fury has had the whole divisions pants down here. Insinuating he’d fight Usyk, get Whyte and AJ twerking for that step aside money, then say nah at the last minute. Exposing lot of them wanting £££, and its all mind games.

Meantime it pisses Usyk off. I think genius

bangalangin likes this.
  5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Yeah me too, after seeing Usyk at heavy i thought he was very much on the slide and he always takes a good amount of punches. I thought Joshuas size and power would be far too much.

1st and only one i have ever got wrong ;)

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    You are giving Fury far too much credit, he isnt that smart.

7. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    What i get from this is that AJ does not fancy it at all. I don't think you could have got him to step aside for all the tea in China after Ruiz loss but he was basically whoring himself out here. Hope the mentality change quickly or Usyk will absolutely humiliate him

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I don't know if it was his plan but it should bring some satisfaction to any decent boxing fan to know Dillian Whyte won't be making millions of pounds for doing nothing, and to know that Anthony Joshua won't be paid an obscene amount to sit out a rematch that he perhaps shouldn't really have signed up for to begin with.

Tyson Fury is as greedy and as money grubbing as the rest, most likely. But it's been a revelation these last few weeks to see so many people throw their support behind Whyte's diva act, (poor Dillian they are only offering him millions!), simply because they hate Fury.

Gregor1987 likes this.
  9. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Usyk doesn’t strike me as the type of chap to get annoyed over this type of thing- he will get his shot eventually.

Joshua not taking £15 million to do essentially nothing baffles me.

10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I’m not sure the dust has settled yet and all the facts have emerged. I’ve read Joshua wanted £25m and Whyte wanted £8m. It was the Saudis putting up the cash but even they said no to that.

Who knows the true story - I just hope we get the fights officially announced soon.

11. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Whyte has more one punch power than Fury who hasn`t stopped many lesser fighters in two rounds.

12. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    This content is protected

13. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I just want any of them to fight each other. I don’t care who just get on with it.

14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    AJ could only take the step aside money if Fury actually interested in in fighting Usyk but he's is not.

15. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    What are you basing this on exactly Mitch? It's all a bit he said she said at the moment, I don't think any rational person would take too much notice of either side as they're all trying to save face.

We all know you have a personal issue with Fury, but you're obviously not stupid. Even you can see it's all propaganda from the likes of Eddie Hearn and John Fury.