Joshua hyped and protected

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by john roberts, Apr 1, 2018.

1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Whom is AJ avoiding ?Where can he get more money for fighting his challengers? You're not making a lot of sense here.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. RoughD

RoughD Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I agree...
    Go back and watch the Olympic bouts.
    He got gift decisions way back then, has been a marketing machine since day one, and is being protected now in plain sight (loose tape, gum shield, extended rest periods...)
    Where there is money there is curruption always has been always will be boxing is no exception.
    I don't think people dislike femi so much, but they dislike the system and the politics and he just so happens to be at the fore front.

Anyway...fury toys with him

john roberts likes this.
  3. john roberts

john roberts Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    . When heavyweights come through they are all guided for there first 15 to 20 fights until they step up a level it just so happens there was an opportunity to fight Martin early a real chump, not a step up really but he had a belt and he took it early, anyone would, and I can’t blame him or his team for that, then it’s lets take Klitschko a 41 year old gun shy 2 year out of the ring fighter and he scrapes through that, then pulev 38 year old gets injured and they wheel Takam in at short notice and the ref jumps in to stop it early to keep the k o ratio going, then we eventually get Parker a young decent heavyweight josh fights ok but the ref starts pulling them apart when Parker tries to fight on the inside, the only way to get to josh with Parker’s attributes, don’t you think a pattern is emerging and Eddie Hearn spouting we ain’t moving from England. Why not? Money isn’t everything and I bet wilder isn’t next fight, they will wheel in 38 year old Povetkin first then try to get dillian to beat wilder first then josh can fight dilliian Whyte again someone he has a mental edge over, I don’t think josh is a bad boxer I think he is quite good but look at the facts and let’s not get carried away, and his performance was quite poor against Parker I thought the first half of the fight Joshua couldn’t hit him.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. john roberts

Sep 5, 2017
    Just go to America, knock wilder out or pay him more money bring him over here knock him out say your the best, then take on the no1 rated challenges for each belt he’s already loaded forget money does he want that belt and history or not. Do it now before people like me or someone else says you have waited till he is old or someone beats wilder it’s not difficult.

5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I find it's the Tyson Fury fans who come up with this nonsense.

It cuts deep that AJ has gone and surpassed fury's whole career. While AJ is packing out stadiums, breaking records on ppv and has commercial partners all wanting his signature, Tyson Fury is releasing videos recorded on mobile phones telling us how good he is.

Not fighting but just talking.

Gatekeeper, S.K and Infern0121 like this.
  6. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Forget money lol. This ain't no charity, it's called prize fighting.

How about this for an idea. Why doesn't Wilder just settle for whatever Hearn will pay him regardless how small it is. I mean if he wants to be the #1 it shouldn't be about money it should just be about the belts or does that scenario only apply to AJ?

S.K likes this.
  7. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Kind of agree. Joshua is only winning these fights on size and athletism. Joshuas a specimen...but its only that and his athletism that's separating himself from the rest imo. Nothing else. People crediting his boxing but its average at best. Parker the better boxer. Just the naturally smaller man. Parker had to work too hard to compete due to being too small for the job. People saying only 8 lbs. But its more about the natural size. Parkers 236 but at that weight he's carrying a good bit more fat than Joshua. That's
    before we talk about the reach etc.

Was a good performance by parker on the whole last night for me. Thought a terrible performance by Joshua tho. Guy with a 7 inch reach advantage and the good bit naturally bigger man could hardly get anything off. I understand why parker struggled but Joshua was made to look average at best. Almost cumbersome and slow. With a 7 inch reach advantage...and being a good bit naturally bigger than Joe. People can dress it up how they like...but after last night Joshua's only really about being physically bigger/stronger and athletically better than the rest.

If he does in the future get popped for steroids/peds....it turns his whole career into a complete fraud for me. Other guys have been popped for them but I,ve yet to see someone who looks to rely on them as much as Joshua.

He was clueless at times last night with every single advantage in the fight...between weight/height/reach/home crowd/home soil etc. Still managed to look worryingly lethargic.

The guy will beat the rest of them out there...but next all time great not for me. His natural skills are bordering on poor. Just getting away with it with his size/athletism advantage. Good win last night tho because joes a good/solid fighter. Starting to Build a good resume. Not really anyone out there to protect him from atm.

8. john roberts

Sep 5, 2017
    No that’s fine also, but it’s aj who is holding the money cards if aj team ie Hearn would stop talking about Whyte and offer wilder the fight at a decent percentage then it will happen. Offer him a price he can’t refuse 40 to 50 percent then if he don’t take it he’s a bottler, but by talking Whyte first it looks like AJ is stalling, why should wilder have to have an interim fight with Whyte he’s established wbc champ he has proved his worth I don’t rate him but 40 and 0 few years as champ why Whyte? As they say let’s get it on.

9. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Never seen the fight yet and I’m not Joshua’s biggest fan but if he was taken the distance big deal.
    Devastating punchers like Joe Louis and Mike Tyson were taken the distance.
    Not everyone is going to fall over, some fighters are tough and have came to win.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  10. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    And??? Anthony Mundine was a sportsman in a different sport but had a successful boxing career. Many boxers have been athletes in other sports. Breazeale holds wins over Molina, undefeated Ugonoh, and Mansour
    The point you miss is that you are saying Joshua is protected but dont make any sound argument as both Joshua and Breazeale were undefeated punchers at a similar amount of fights. Breazeale 17-0 and Joshua 16-0.
    Thats not being protected
    Dont disagree but Klitschko was also one of the most successful HW champs ever, wasnt out of the ring 2 years, it was a year and a half and he had been in training camps for Fury so wasnt as if he had been retired. He also wasnt coming off a damaging loss and once again this protected comment of yours is ridiculous because Klitschko was 64-4 with 53KOs and had been a winner of 25 world title fights, had the best HW resume at the time, had been involved in several unifications beaten several HW champs. Joshua had only had 18 fights. Thats hardly being protected
    The fight ended when Glazkov was injured but that doesnt mean Martin may not have won. We dont know what would have happen and it wasnt as if the fight had gone on long enough to say. It ended in the 3rd round lol and was even on the cards
    Once again though, your protected talk is silly as Martin was an undefeated puncher and champ and Joshua had only had 15 fights
    You making this up now?
    So you say Whyte wasnt taking boxing seriously until after he lost to Joshua? Lol. Even you must read this and question your own comments
    Doesnt make him bad either. It was a decent win for Whyte against an undefeated opponent.
    Still once again you go on about being protected and Joshua had only had 14 fights and Whyte 16. Thats not protecting either

You have no argument for your comment

Potwash likes this.
  11. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    eerrr eerrrr... err from someone

Jokes aside he doesnt have an argument

12. porkypara

porkypara Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Protected???

AJ has fought everyone out there and is trying to get Wilder fight.

Potwash likes this.
  13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Spot on, but only it Fury gets back to the same level again. If he doesn't I think AJ TKOs him. If he does I have no idea who would win.

Potwash likes this.
  14. john roberts

Sep 5, 2017
    Like I said before Martin was a under 20 fight novice with a belt,who he should fight at that stage but was lucky to have the belt I mean glazvov wasn’t that great either, but from then on brazeele under 20 fight novice only six years fighting not too dangerous but big enough to look good similar level but not the pedigree of josh then Whyte same again under 20 fight novice over weight,looks miles better now give josh problems, next Klitschko big name lots of fights but they mean nothing when you are a shadow of your former self ie mike Tyson, Mcbride etc they are not the same fighter at 41 anybody knows that so past resume looks nice but come on not really hungry lion stuff is it,then pulev was going to be next well past his best at 38, didn’t happen so 37 year old Takam at 2 weeks notice you can flower it up as much as you want but it doesn’t read great when you peel the layers off does it aged has beens and novices maybe it’s not joshs fault just the poor state of the heavyweight fighters at the moment.

15. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Every single post you have made since signing up here contains Anthony Joshua. You are clearly obsessed with him. Stop the fake hate and learn how to love lol.

AJ is the real deal. Compare him all you want to old greats, he going down in the history books with them.

Fingers crossed he gets Wilder soon. We will have a unified champion. Will you still hate then?