Joshua is overrated

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Safin, Sep 25, 2021.

1. keysey

keysey Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2019
    styles making fights is exactly why Fury beats AJ

2. wreckthehouse

wreckthehouse New Member banned Full Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Mayweathers obsession with the O has perverted boxing. Anybody can lose a fight, especially in the heavyweight division.

3. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    and because Fury is a better fighter.

keysey likes this.
  4. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Respect what he's achieved? Wins in a series of mismatches, a win over an old Wlad who Fury finished off previously... Only idiots like you fall for the hype

5. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Should be celebrating Usyk’s achievements not saying Joshua is this and that. He just came up against an absolutely elite P4P fighter tonight.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    ryanm8655, Inglis_1, Scissors and 4 others like this.
  6. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Being heavyweight champion of the world? I can’t respect that? I can’t respect him for taking tough fights? You win some you lose some. All I have to do is take one look at your avatar to figure out what your agenda is. Clearly you hate the guy. I’m not going to pile in on him because he’s lost to an elite fighter.

We’ll see how many people are queuing up to face Usyk won’t we? Joshua could have easily avoided him but he didn’t.

7. Moe Balbaghe

Moe Balbaghe New Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2021
    I think ultimately AJ will finish his career without a particularly good record. Let's say he takes this rematch, that will probably be another loss. If he has 2 fights with Fury they are also probably losses. That would put him at 24-5 without fighting Wilder. His wins don't have too many impressive names either. When a 41 year old Klitschko is the highlight it just goes to show. The Sky Sports red carpet parade have hyped him up for a long time, but ultimately it all turned out to be just hype & nothing more

Emerald Oracle and Glenn McKrory like this.
  8. wreckthehouse

wreckthehouse New Member banned Full Member

Jul 25, 2019
    The Joshua brand would have been ruined by vacating a belt for fear of a fighting a member of an inferior race. Of course he couldn't have avoided him.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  9. BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum New Member banned Full Member

Sep 23, 2021
    no need to dismiss Joshua AFTER the fight. He's a proven very good fighter. It's just that Fury and Usyk are the superior elites of the division

nilrem likes this.
  10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I just dont get tonights performance/tactics at all. Chisora showed the tactics needed for it just wasnt quite good enough to pull it off. Go forward and bully usyk.

Sitting back and trying to box with the master boxer is crazy. I get that joshuas tanks not the greatest but surely pushing around a guy 20 lb lighter than you will be to your advantage. I get usyks gameplan is to wear you out...get you working and drown you but sitting back trying to box with slow reflexes wasnt working from the off. Not once did joshua change it up either.

The jab as well is pitiful. Hes back to pawing with it. Someone give the guy an authorative jab. He should be in the gym...throwing one shot all spar. The jab till he can actually use it effectively. He should be controlling fights with that jab...okay usyks a hard man to fight...but tbf joshua pawed that jab against ruiz all night the first fight. Its clear joshua lacks creativity...someone give the man a proper plan. Not just a go out and box with his slow reflexes plan. We always see him smashing things in training...the pads
    ...the heavy bag. Hes already got good power tho...forget about hitting things really hard. That already comes naturally to him. Need to start concentrating on his reflexes. Give the guy an authourative jab...work on his reflexes, head movement and a proper gameplan then he,ll get somewhere. I dont want yo see him hitting anything hard in training again.

Merengue likes this.
  11. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    They have messed with joshua boxing style too much. Since the klitchko fight, it has been constant changing which probably did not do him any favours. He needs to ditch his current setup and link up with a trainer that can instil some confidence and aggressiveness in him. Abel Sanchez or Freddie roach for me

Col Mortimer likes this.
  12. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Agreed. Needs a new coach. Robs just regressing him now. I dont think rob has much confidence in him himself tbh. Not sure if its down to robs cautious nature or joshuas weaknesses are really that bad.

But a new voice is needed...with new ideas. Robs done a good job to a certain point but its been stagnating for a while.

Col Mortimer likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    First 8 rounds were very competitive. It wasn't a schooling or a boxing masterclass up until the last 3rd of the fight imo when Usyk upped the levels and Joshua faded.

Usyk was brilliant. I loved watching him completely take over and boss that fight tonight. I'm a big fan...but Joshua played his part in making that a great fight. He brought out the best in Usyk. He knew one punch could completely turn it on its head. He surfed that risk in great fashion.

Heisenberg, nilrem and Scissors like this.
  14. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Oh yay. "Joshua always sucked" cant wait to read that for the next five years. Fantastic... Usyk is better. What if that is just the gap between the top two?

Work the body and Trafford like this.
  15. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Personally admire AJ. Yes he’s got obvious weaknesses and no he’s not the oerfect boxer.
    But the guy fought every mandatory put in front of him. Is very entertaining and put boxing back on the map when it was starting to dwindle at heavyweight.

Personally would still like to watch him fight, wilder, fury and Whyte again

Work the body and nilrem like this.