Joshua v Pulev Official

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Can't do a stadium fight in March.

2. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Cardiff with the roof closed.

80k.

velagod and Jurgen like this.
  3. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Pity common sense couldn't be made to prevail. Essentially 2 fights we don't want.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Interesting fight, I want to see how AJ handles an underrated fighter in Pulev (easily a top 10 fighter in my view and has a better resume than anyone Wilder has beaten) and is arguably the best jabber in the divison.

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Did you not see his last fight? He looked terrible.

I'll repeat myself in saying that when it was first announced a few years ago this was a decent fight. Pulev is old now. He'll probably make it competitive for a few rounds but he's only getting bowled over

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    This is bread and butter to Joshua. Like any heavyweight, Pulev can hurt with a big shot but he hasn’t got the speed & gas tank to steam in and ambush his opponent to finish them off. Joshua will beat him to the punch every time. I think he’ll spend the first few rounds catching him with the jab followed with the straight right but holding back on finishing him until he decided to. Probably round 5 or 6, just to shake off the ring rust and get a few rounds in. Easy fight at this stage.

Heisenberg likes this.
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I think with AJ, winning the IBF title in only his 15th fight and unifying with Klitschko in his 18th may have hurt his overall development. Seemingly he jumped from British to World level over night. Another 18 months at European/fringe World level, say another 6 fights may well have benefitted him greatly.

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Pulev is King Pudding mate and zero threat to any genuine top 20 rated fighter

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Pudding Pulev is Ivan The Terrible - awful and only a fat Dull Boy Chisora made him look good once.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This. Pulev in 2017 was a live dog. Since then, Pulev has hung around for the big cash out fight and although he’ll be in shape, Joshua will be able to get a handful of rounds in before a highlight reel KO

Twentyman likes this.
  11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Standard boxing protocol. See what the fans want and give them the opposite.

12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Any whispers on when tickets will go on sale for this?

13. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Without bias I think this is a tough fight to sell full stop. Will no doubt fill out WHL but won't do anything amazing at the box office and very little interest to me. Pulev doesn't present any of the stylistic issues that smaller, come forward fighters like Povetkin, Ruiz or even Takam did. Pulev is sound technically but won't be hugely difficult to hit and can be hurt. He's not a banger and Joshua is superior athletically.

No doubt the Sky hype machine will go to work with the 'underestimate him like Ruiz', 'only one loss', 'superb amateur' and that'll get a few bites. But this is nothing more than a keep busy fight for me.

14. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    This content is protected

15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    He was never undisputed.

Aydamn likes this.