Joshua vs Miller June 1st MSG

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Feb 1, 2019.

1. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    What is your source for this?

2. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Just to add to the debate, (not that I haven't already of course given I'm about ten different people on here), I think the standout point for me is that Joshua appears to easily beat, or probably would easily beat, fighters who Whyte appears to struggle with. I think if Joshua fought Chisora he'd stop him inside three rounds. He'd get rid of Helenius just as quickly. A better referee and he stops Parker. Same ref and he beats him just as easily as last time.

I know styles make fights and all that but I don't see Whyte having an easier night than Joshua against anyone.

tee_birch likes this.
  3. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    But different to life and death

4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Neither was Whyte Chisora rematch.

They both had gameplans none of them were.going to leave it to points... they said this pre fight and post fight one million times

And in the fight..
    whyte was the one hurting Chisora not the other way round.

Whyte tired chisors the same way Muhammad Ali tired foreman.

it wad very similar.

Dont chat **** and say Whyte was life and death in the.rematch.

It wasnt a lucky punch either that KOd Chisora.

Gatekeeper and CutThroatFade like this.
  5. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Can you back this up with facts, or are you just saying something to suit your argument?

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    This type of argument holds very little weight in boxing and you know it. Fury completely cruised to a clear points win against Joshua and Joshua was almost stopped; the most general consensus in boxing circles being that had Klitschko gone for broke after his KD he would have finished Joshua.

So using your flawed logic, Fury beats Joshua easily.

7. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    The most general consensus in boxing circles is that Fury knew he got Wlad on a good night and if he hadn't ducked the rematch Wlad would have beaten him.

S.K likes this.
  8. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    No it isn’t at all. Most people who thought it was a “fluke” where he “caught Wlad on a good night” have had their minds changed after the Wilder performance. You talk so much ****.

Accurate likes this.
  9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    The Fury fanboy faction have had to change their tune from 'Tyson is the heavyweight you can't hit with a bag of rice' to 'Tyson is the heavyweight who can't be kept down with a sledgehammer.'

A more aggressive Klitschko is a different animal which, because of Tyson taking drugs, we'll never see. Shame.

Mitch87 likes this.
  10. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Klitschko was able to adopt a more aggressive approach against the more limited, cumbersome and far more stationary Joshua than the elusive, crafty, mobile Fury. If you have a solid understanding of this sport it’s not hard to see.

Wlad comes out aggressive against Fury and he gets iced out. Klitschko explained after the fight that he didn’t throw right hands because Fury was too hard to hit and he would have been countered easily.

11. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Fury ices Wlad out? The same Fury who couldn't ice out Pianeta and didn't remotely bother Wilder who was wobbled by Molina and all over the shop against Ortiz? THAT Fury?

Mitch87 likes this.
  12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    That absolutely is not the consensus at all

13. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Not on here, but that's only a small handful of individuals who are excessively pro-Fury in these sort of conversations.

S.K likes this.
  14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    The same Fury who couldn't ice out Pianeta and didn'tremotely bother Wilder

Go back and watch that 12th round

Twentyman and CutThroatFade like this.
  15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I've not seen any boxing community outside of casuals or those Twitter accounts that only seem interested in stroking themselves silly at how much AJ earns who think the Fury-Wlad outcome was down to Wlad having an off day, so I've no idea where that's coming from on your part. There are those who are over the top with Fury, like that Stig pervert on Twitter, but even excluding them that doesn't seem to be much of a thought whatsoever.

I thought Wlad would beat him but retrospectively it's pretty evident that Fury is always going to be all wrong for Wlad. Wlad doesn't tend to have success when he can't plant his feet and throw. Hence how he had much more success against AJ who doesn't move as well as Fury does. He threw a similar amount of punches in both fights, so this idea that Wlad was gun shy in the Fury fight is nonsense really. He just got outboxed. .

Gatekeeper, Unforgiven and Twentyman like this.