Joshua vs Parker who wins? Poll

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by James Smith, Mar 5, 2018.

Joshua vs Parker who wins?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2018.
  1. Anthony Joshua

80.9%
  2. Joseph Parker

19.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    As soon as Wilder sells his to AJ too they can face off as two rich losers and then we get to see Wilder chicken dance off to retirement!

2. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    What 'surprises' me the most is how Wilder's haters try to say that Ortiz was old, nothing special, not that good.

Ortiz is top-5 HW, strong, skilled southpaw with good power, who can counterpunch pretty well, he'd give trouble to any active HW without a doubt.

However, since he lost to Wilder - it doesn't count. Tony Bellew will beat Wilder easily, you know )))

ellerbe likes this.
  3. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Lol these are the same haters that went crazy after Ortiz tested positive and the fight was off. Now there's a million excuses and Ortiz is being discredited. It's Stiverne all over again, even though Ortiz is far better than Stiverne. Wilder, Joshua, Povetkin, and Ortiz are the top 4 right now. Parker isn't even up there.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  4. the factor

the factor Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Charles Martin sold his title to the highest bidder who was AJ. Parker is doing the same. Reportedly getting 10 times his previous highest payday. This is all about the business of boxing. Parker has no choice but to sell his title while he can before he loses it to one of these contenders he has been barely scraping past.

5. Dfaulds

May 22, 2017
    He has had 3 fights in 2 years against low quality opposition and is approaching 40.

Still, he badly outclassed Wilder and only didn't stop him in the 7th because he gassed and could barely lift his arms. He lost in the tenth more due exhaustion than Wilders punches.

His performance confirmed he has top 5 talent but couldn't sustain it and confirmed Wilder is a terrible boxer (not even top 20) with good pop and stamina.

AJ, Parker, Povetkin and Fury beat Wilder easily.

Takam, Whyte, Browne, Miller, Pulev and Breazeale give him trouble and have a good chance of beating him.

6. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Parker to have his moments early/mid fight. AJ to systematically break him down, stopping him late or clear UD, AJ is going to crack his defence at some point and then we will truly see how good Parker's chin is.

75/25 in favour of AJ.

Dfaulds likes this.
  7. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Fury is inactive, he was the best of the bunch, but we can write him off.

Parker hadn't beaten easily Takam, Ruiz jr, and H Fury, he beat them barely. Don't think he'd beat Wilder easily.

You refer to Ortiz as an old past prime fighter who hasn't fought serious opponents in the last 2 years. Same exactly can be said about Povetkin.

AJ is the hardest opponent of the named for sure.

As for Takam, Whyte, Browne, Miller, Pulev and Breazeale - no,no and no.

Whyte is awful. Zero skills, average power and speed. Takam - fine skills, but no power at top level (never ever stopped or knocked down ranked opponent in 12 years as a pro). Browne is somewhere on Whyte's level but with better power, and is also old and inactive. Breaseale - power and heart, but zero skills and very slow. Pulev - good skills, but I can't see him beating Wilder. Way past it.

ellerbe likes this.
  8. Dfaulds

May 22, 2017
    Fury may well come back... One to watch.

Parker beat Fury easily and had tough fights with Takam and Ruiz both of whom would give Wilder big problems.

Povetkin still has a good engine and top level skills he takes Wilder apart.

As for the others I mentioned they all have a legit chance at beating Wilder as Wilder has shown time and again he is a basic boxer who is easy to out work. Sure he may land a right hand... But that's not always going to bail him out.

9. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    There's things called punch counts to figure out if Joshua is trying to end the fight quickly. No one has survived a Joshua barrage yet besides Takam in the 4th round but the bell rang and got him later and had plenty of time in the 10th despite the crying on here.

Parkers defense is not misread he's the most hit out of the top guys, Takam rocked him with a counter right, for example while Parker still gets credit for his chin while Joshua has fought actual hard punchers.

The hard truth for you guys is Parker has no actual advantage in this fight, therefore he should lose and be a heavy under dog. Nothing suggests it should be a close fight.

JoffJoff likes this.
  10. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Joshua by a stoppage.

11. PaulButlersMum

PaulButlersMum COME ON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! banned Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    I, like many others, had Hughie winning. He outboxed Parker in 2/3 of the rounds, was making him miss loads. Hughie should have been more aggressive and put more power into his shots, but he still won. The scorecards were shocking.

12. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Ah I feel like at this point I'm forcing myself to be excited about the HW division its really not that great; the top 3 fighters are only world class in comparison to the current competition.

13. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Nope.

31st will surprise so many.....

14. The Mighty One

The Mighty One Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I don't understand. . . .I thought Brits consider David Haye the greatest boxer of all time. . . .Why no discussion about it here?. . . .Wouldn't he knockout Parker, Joshua, Wilder and both Furys on the same night even with a hurt toe, a hurt leg, a torn ear lobe and bad hair?

15. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Joshua wins. Parker is very good and will come back stronger and better but even though some really over rate Joshua and his abilities ive seen most of Parkers fights and all the things people are claiming Parker is going to do to get the better of Joshua ive never seen him do.

His seriously fast hands? They are fast but not seriously and i think Joshuas are faster.
    He is going to tire AJ out with a fast paced fight. 1 thats playing in to Joshuas hands and 2 Parker has tired plenty of times in less than fast paced fights and that was the pace he was setting.
    He has the power to KO Joshua. Yes he does, so did most of his other previous 20 pro opponants.

Parker has not shown any of the things he is claiming he will do to beat Joshua and has not faced anybody as good as Joshua where as Joshua has already beaten somebody better than Parker in Klitchko.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.