Joshua: Where Does He Go From Here?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Lets just say AJ fights Povetkin next and beats him.

He then gets the Wilder fight and beats him.

Where does he go from there? Was looking at the top 10 heavyweights and was thinking who really going to challenge him after that?

I can definitely see him fighting Whyte if Whyte continues winning and the same thing goes for Miller.

Whats your thoughts?

bailey likes this.
  2. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Fury, Whyte, Wilder rematch, Miller (hopefully not)

In between those fights there could be others who come up and challenge too

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    There are young guys coming through. Hrgovic. Dubois remember. Hughie Fury - yeah the whole shades of Ali thing made him look laughable but once his power develops he’s a threat. He arguably beat Parker and Joshua narrowly beat Parker (by about 4 rounds at most).

He can fight two times a year and there are enough opponents around to last him about 5 more years. Also it wouldn’t shock me if he did a crossover event and had a UFC fight.

4. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    There will always be more contenders, I'm really intrigued to see what Usyk can do against the big boys if he moves up!

Twentyman and CutThroatFade like this.
  5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Totally forgot to mention him, Gassiev and Breidis. There are tons of challengers out there.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I've thought this myself before, the heavyweight division is seriously lacking in talent. Usyk and Gassiev would be welcome additions. Hope Dubois, Hrgovic and Joyce go on to prove themselves, the more contenders the better.

Potwash likes this.
  7. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    What about that Tony Yoka? Is he any good? Never actually seen him fight yet.

8. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Packing glass. Can’t see him troubling Joshua from what I’ve seen so far. He seems easy to hit. Still has Joe Joyce problems to deal with so I’d like to see them settle the score.

9. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
  10. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Usyk will box his head off if he moves up

Twentyman, Erik and Papillon like this.
  11. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Usyk, Gassiev, Dychko, Hrgovic, Joyce, Kuzmin, Whyte, Parker rematch next year. Wilder rematch etc

12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Dychko Hrgovic Dubois are years away.

I think usyk is late 2019 earliest too.

I think he fights wilder and beats him, maybe takes on Povetkin or vacates then just starts having voluntaries around the world. Beijing to fight that undefeated chinaman. A fight in Dubai. Miller in MSG. Just a world tour of easy fights once unified. He will have achieved all he can so I can’t see him bothered about defending certain belts!

Potwash likes this.
  13. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Someone new normally comes along. If Haye gets back to full health and beats Bellew, I guess it could become a big box office match up, or if T Fury does come back a get a few wins. If H Fury gets a few wins I expect it could be built up and I expect there would be fans saying they felt he (H Fury) beat Parker
    This content is protected
    and that they feel Joshua lost to Parker. Pulev is around as well.
    There are other upcoming HWs that are undefeated (Kownacki) and so many fans claim an undefeated record means nothing but it does create hype.

By that time, who knows who may be on the scene. Dubois, Gorman, Joyce, Webb. All undefeated British based HWs

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Potwash likes this.
  14. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Lets say he remains unbeaten which is a big IF

Povetkin (sept 2018)

Wilder (feb 2019)

Whyte (july 2019)

Fury (december 2019)

By this point we are early-mid 2020. There will be new faces by then.

Potwash likes this.
  15. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I think AJ beats all the Heavyweights out there at the moment. He is making an offer to Wilder today so if Wilder has the bottle to get in the ring then I reckon this will happen next, probably late this year in Cardiff. He can then fight Whyte which he has always wanted to fight again. Then maybe Fury next year at Wembley if the fat man can get fit. If I was AJ I would then retire happy knowing I was the best heavyweight out there and being unbeaten

Scissors likes this.