Junior Fa has A Glass Jaw.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Zakman, Jun 5, 2022.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Fa underestimated Browne and paid the price he thought it was gonna be easy work. The last thing to go is the power. Browne might be slow and not the best skilled but he hits like a truck and he got Fa right on the spot that short circuits the brain with a power shot.

ellerbe likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Well.. maybe, but more importantly:

:deal:

Inglis_1 likes this.
  3. Jab in the Face

Jab in the Face Active Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2022
    Fa's team is contesting the result, they understand the foul wasn't intentional but wants it reversed to a Tecnical Draw.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    No, there was no foul. Browne threw a perfectly legit punch that shouldn't have come anywhere near the nape of Fa's neck if Fa had not himself present that as the inevitable point of impact by jiggering his own alignment with those horrible jab mechanics. Sort of like when a guy dives to encircle the opponent's waist and gets clubbed with a rabbit punch - it's like, well, yeah, so? :lol: You caused that. Ergo no foul.

Boxingfan2 likes this.
  5. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Browne is 31 wins with 27 KO, his stoppage power is legitimate.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Three things can be true simultaneously.

1. Browne can punch like hell.
    2. Fa maybe can't take a great punch.
    3. Fa created the circumstances to get himself blitz KTFO through shoddy boxing technique.
    In this case I'd just put the most emphasis on #3, personally.

Inglis_1 and JunlongXiFan like this.
  7. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    It wasn't Fa away from night-night. Thurman's voice!!

8. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    Browne has a couple of decent wins on his record now. Good for him, hope he gets a good cash out fight that sets him up a bit.

JOSEY WALES likes this.
  9. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Junior Fa is a clinchmaster and against Browne he did not find time for that, his career is officially over...

10. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Taking a punch has nothing to do with punch resistance? Of course it does.

11. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    I agree with that - except I put the primary emphasis on number 2.

Why? Well, let me ask this question - what if it was Oliver McCall instead of Fa taking those shots?

12. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I assume you never did any combat sports in your entire life right? I saw guys with granite chins going down and out completly from a soft shot behind the ear while they can take shots to the chin and eat them like candy. Shots behind the ear are just something special and you can't quantify the punch resistance or the chin based on that. Every boxing coach will tell you that.

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The second KD landed on the back of the mind but the first one completely scrambled Fa's senses and discombobulated him. He even bust into a bizarre body popping routine as he was down on the canvas and was still on wobbly legs and in a mind haze when the finishing blow to the back of the mind landed. The first KD was a finisher, a seriously hefty clump from a 260 pound plus giant weeble wobble and Fa did well and showed a lot of heart and determination to even get up from it

JunlongXiFan and Lesion of Doom like this.
  14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Idk, how many nape of the neck shots did we see the Atomic Bull take? Having an iron chin doesn't mean you necessarily don't have a glass nape. :sisi1

Most importantly, McCall knew how to box and throw a jab properly and would never put himself in a position where he was basically thrusting his name out to collide with Browne's fist.

15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I didn't say chin. I said punch resistance. And chin is basically an umbrella term for punch resistance to the face anyway. You want to talk down to me like you've got all this experience in combat sports and you still don't know that?

Some people take those same shots behind the ear much better than others. Seriously, I question YOUR knowledge of the sport. You think guys with iron chins never take punches there? Delusional you are.