Junior Witter was right...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    As Olusegun is now way up the WBC ratings he will fight his way into the mandatory spot and then take out the champion be it Junior Witter or Vivian Harris. Witter was ordered to defend the Commonwealth title against Ajose a couple of yeras back and he choose to vacate. Of course he did not vacate when he could defend his titles against the likes of Colin Lynes.

As for Hatton I don't disrespect him but I know that like night follows day he is ready made to order for Ajose.

2. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Realistically, Ajose will never get a shot against Hatton, he'll just have to wait for the star of the next generation. There is a little hope of a Witter fight at least a few years down the line though.

How do you rate Joe Calzaghe mate?

3. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Being a good amatuer does not make you a good pro, ask A-Force.

Yeah and he knocked out a weight drained Ali who had a lack of preparation and had to make Welter at short notice.

The guys you mention aren't exactly world class like Witter.

I'd like to know how giving up the domestic belts for a world one Is considered ducking?

Who the hells Martin Holgate? He looks like he had your average journymen record.

Ajose even if he goes to world level Is not ready for Witter or Hatton. People probably buy Into Baloney's hype.

4. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    i said the same thing. it was obvious for everyone who knows boxing. castillo went life and death with some obscure guy from camaroon. go figure..........

5. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Ali Nuubembee is a Welterweight hence all he was asked to do was come in at the Welterweight limit which he did. I don't remember any comments when as a last minute substitute he gave David Barnes hell. He had the weight advantage over Ajose but Ajose took him apart showing that he can beat bigger and supposedly stronger men somethinh he has been doing for years. Look at his record and see how many times he has had to beat guys in higher weight divisions. Ajose has been ready for Witter and Hatton for years. He is now well up the WBC ratings so we will not be denied.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think Joe Calzaghe has to be respected. I really do. I am not his biggest fan and frankly it had got to the stage where it was difficult to give a damn about his career then the Lacy fight happened. He is now 35 so time is running out so I hope he takes care of Kessler, Froch and fight for the Light heavyweight title before his time is out. I think the Kessler fight is a tough one but Calzaghe has a belatedly opportunity to be arguably the greatest brit of all time.