Khan calling Hatton out for next year.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by dwilson, Feb 5, 2008.

1. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    I've read interviews on the BBC website where he called out all his domestic foes and told them 'fight me now before im too elite' or something to that effect, not forgetting he called out PBF to fight him in a four round pro fight as he claimed he was better over 4 (yeah right amir lol) and after about 5 fights he was on the jonathon ross show claiming he thought he was ready for a world title fight and reckoned he'd beat them back then no probs. I think he's arrogant and once the month of june passes and he hasnt won a legit title before naz didthen we might hear less crap from him

2. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

The point I was making is that I feel Khan would be better advised keeping these things private rather than talking to the media about them.

Part of the reason him buying an expensive car as a birthday present to himself made the news was because he was serving a driving ban at the time.

We know details about his home sports and sauna complex because he was quoted in the papers talking about it.

Lots of high profile celebrities (including Khan) do charitable work and assist their local community. Its positive that they put their fame to good use to support worthy causes.

One TV interview that springs to mind about Khan where he came across arrogant at times (to me anyway) was his ITV documentary - think it was entitled 'His story so far'. Showing off his cars, limited edition trainers and £90,000 watch - boasting about the fact only the likes of 50 Cent, etc have one.

LeadLeftHook - if you are going to quote my posts and ask me questions please at least allow me the courtesy of answering before you go on to second guess my responses. Thanks.

3. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Great post.:happy :happy :happy

Warren will bide his time untill Diaz get's stripped. Then he will pounce.

4. AK-47

AK-47 Shoot 'em up Full Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Khan could take hatton out maybe in 18 months or so. I dont think a knockout though. Khan has speed hatton has power hmm...

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Whats he said now. :patsch I think he's a nice kid but a PR nightmare.

6. RJD

RJD Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2007
    It's tough to say how far Amir's going to develop in the next 18 months or so. I don't think anyone here could dispute the fact that he's come on leaps and bounds in the past year or so. In the St Clair fight he picked his shots well and won in quite impressive fashion.

That being said, if he fought Hatton any time in the near future he'd be severely punished. At this moment in time he has neither the power nor accuracy to stop Hatton coming forward and hurting him on the inside. Let's not forget Ricky Hatton is the guy who walked through an onslaught from one of the biggest Punchers in the history of the lww division in Kostya Tszyu.

Khan has a ton of potential and in my opinion we should all respect him for the talent that he is. Yes he has his flaws, as does every other person on this planet, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is the best prospect that this country has produced in years.

7. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Elle ok you've made some valid points. Especially about keeping things private including his boxing dreams and goals. In 'His story so far' hes just immitating and trying to entertain with what he probably sees on MTV cribs and other shows. Thats the new hip-hop culture.Agreed it doesnt suit him and he doesnt look natural doing it. But the point is, if we pick on little points on anyones character I'm sure will see lots of holes.

8. w4s1m

w4s1m Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    its pointless with u as u seem to think that Amir has major flaws in his all his fights or theyare all hand picked, despite his last fight in which he wins 120 = 108. the lad is the best upcoming fighter in world boxing, all the media see its just some british fans who dont and want him to fail.

9. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Come on man, Khan is far from the best prospect in world boxing. I'd say Berto and Gamboa were real world prospects but not Amir by a long way.

10. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Due to his chin and lack of a quality defense he is not even the best prospect in Britain. Audrey Harrison won gold at Olympic and beat decent opposition that was hand picked but when it really mattered he came up short. Khan does have a better chance at success than Audrey due to his huge financial backing but nothing else. The likes of Gamboa and Alexander are far superior prospects than Khan.

11. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Although some Khan fans are also quick to try and distance him from some of the stuff SN churn out. When it suits them its ok and Khan gets credit for it. If it backfires - like when he called out Thaxton suggesting he couldn't break an egg, it can't have been him who said it!

I don't really like to generalise but the majority of Khan fans I have come across who post on the brit forum are quite defensive and blinkered when it comes to discussing him which is a shame because it hinders good debate. Even when you make a perfectly reasonable observation in relation to Khan they will often take issue and come back with some poor argument.

12. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Good post. I am not a fan of Khan's and I fuuly expect him to come unstuck when he meets a solid come forward aggresive fighter but I would never knock the guy full stop. He is a great British prospect with sound fighting style, goods power and a great P.R man but what I do not like is him not fighting anyone who is a real test. He has fought decent opposition but they have all being guys who were tailor made for him. His toughest test being a short, soft punching swinger with moderate boxing skills should always lose to a former Olympic silver medalist of Khans stature.

13. MON

MON Active Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Gamboa's 26.

Can hardly be called a better 'prospect', most guys have won titles at his age and achieved a lot.

Khan has 5 years on him.

14. chambers80

chambers80 Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Some boxing fans are so think its funny!! Hatton loses to one of the best p4p fighters of all time and suddenly a chinny B class fighter can beat him!! hahaha!!

15. w4s1m

w4s1m Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Gamboa is 26 so u hardly class him a prospect and as for berto, people on here question Amirs defence but Berto has i would say an even questionable defence and has looked vulnerable against someone with a bit of good hand speet but does have good power but i wouldt say he a better prospect then Amir