Khan needs to tell the truth that he quit

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lifestyle, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Lifestyle

Lifestyle True Member banned Full Member

Apr 15, 2019
    About time for some honesty lol. He clearly quit, it was a punch to the leg!

The quitter and his cowardly trainer were hoping for a DQ, or just wanted out early (they probably discussed it before the fight to stop)

he had 5 minutes to recover from a shot to the thigh , his trainer asked him does he want to continue and he says no. How can you deny that you quit.

They knew he was about to be KO'd.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  2. John-tha-dunce

John-tha-dunce Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2016
    Why didn't Kahn get the win by DQ? Don't get it. I know in mma if you can't continue after an illegal blow that's what's happens.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Firstly it happens all the time, second of all it wasn’t deliberate and lastly it clearly hit his thigh!

He was clearly looking for a way out.

Robney and SambaKing1993 like this.
  4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    If it was adjudged an accident then normally they'd go to the cards as long as the fight had gone 4 rounds, or at least I think that's right.

5. Lifestyle

Apr 15, 2019
    This content is protected

6. Lifestyle

Apr 15, 2019
    This content is protected

7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Khan and honesty do not go hand in hand I'm afraid

YearZero and Bulldog24 like this.
  8. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Khan beat with ward tactics lol
    Not as clean and often as krushers though lol

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Clear as day he wanted out before being knocked out

Suspect.chin likes this.
  10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    He told his trainer he didn’t want to continue and he pulled him out.

That’s called a quit job.

Kovalev was repeatedly punched in the balls over and over again and never quit.

Khan was punched once in the thigh and told his trainer he didn’t want to continue because his heart is no longer in boxing. It’s time for Amir to retire he has had a great career at the highest level- but he no longer has his heart in boxing.

11. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Truth

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The PPV Mugths seething with rage - seething I say

Those Tommy Tanks are the biggest mugths in the world getting fleeced much larger sums than in the UK.

The PPV Mugths never learn - fools and their money easily parted.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  13. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Had 5 minutes to recover but quit within a minute.

14. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It's clear both Hunter and Khan wanted a way out of the fight. I watched with American commentary and early on, Andre Ward said "Virgil will be thinking strongly about throwing in the towel." I view that comment as an insight into the camp, because generally a trainer wouldn't consider throwing in a towel at that stage of a fight, when his fighter is landing shots, although losing the fight obviously. It's clear to me that the gamplan was to give it their all early, but if the fight wasn't going well, pull out, before Amir was KO'd again.

I believe the ending was very smart from team Khan for several reasons:

- Khan was obviously going to be knocked out down the stretch. We saw in round one Crawford had the power to finish the fight and the body assault in round five affected Khan bady. 6-12 was not looking good for Amir.

- While Khan took a beating, he was competitive at times. Khan's shots had no affect on Crawford, but he landed more than most do against 'Bud'. As a standalone five rounds, the night could've went worse for Khan.

- While any knowledgeable boxing fan knows Khan quit, the casuals could be persuaded that it was all down to the lowblow. It's not a valid excuse, but an excuse all the same.

- All of the above leaves Brook/Khan very much alive, and another huge payday for team Khan. Which is why I reiterate, it was very clever from team Khan to pull him out when they did. Good business is the best way to put it.

15. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    A mere Khon hitting the PPV mugs for another payday in a fraudulent event. Didn't even have the class to take his beating like a man after taking money from the fans to watch him 'compete'

Bulldog24 and Jurgen like this.