Kid Galahad vs Agbeko

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Jan 19, 2017.

1. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I don't really follow midgets but on paper this is a big step up and solid test for Galahad.

Could Agbeko old man him and drown him? Is Galahad ready for a former world champ after a lay off and a couple of bum fights?

2. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    It's an interesting fight for sure, no one really knows how good Galahad could be yet but this fight along with a few others on the Eubank undercard is the reason why I will be buying the PPV even if the main event is a bit of a sham.

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Galahad should win but I hope the drug cheats gets sparked.

Hare to say it but main event aside this is a pretty decent card now. I won't be paying for it mind

4. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Jg will be 100% clean in this fight..and all fights from now on. What we will be seeing is his honest best effort. So lets just let him show what he is really made of. Surely people will support him if he delivers WITHOUT peds? Let's wait and see....

5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Good fight this
    The kid by late stoppage imo

6. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    If Agbeko is close to how good he was a few years ago at bantamweight ... 2 weights up at featherweight in this fight.. then Barry definitely takes a loss.

7. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    He's handled a lot of big names sparring, hopefully he gets his chance to kick on this year.

8. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    At least as soon as he could he got right back at it , unlike Quigg.....

9. Chalky

Chalky Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Im fairly sure the undercard is free-to-air on ITV4 mate

10. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    War Agbeko.
    Whoever he's fighting, I'll root against him.

11. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I've heard mixed views about this some saying part of undercard is free with 2 or 3 fights on the PPV.

12. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Surely he won't cheat again?
    Now that he is definitely clean why not support him?

13. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Galahad on Agbeko, Frampton ang Quigg:

Kid Galahad faces a very stern test on February 4 as he goes head to head against former world champion Joseph Agbeko.

The Sheffield star who boasts a perfect record of 21-0, insists the fight will be no push over but is ultimately aiming to go on and achieve bigger things this year.

“I know he’s going to be a tough fight. He gave Rigondeaux a good fight and tested Mares and could have won. He has fought at the highest level and is a former world champion so it will be my toughest yet," Galahad exclusively told World Boxing News.

“I want to send out a statement to all the champions that I’m ready and it’s just a matter of time before I become world champion. Expect fireworks on February 4.”

Galahad doesn’t see anything wrong with Chris Eubank Jr fighting on PPV and thinks boxing should look up to UFC as inspiration.

“If you look at what Dana White and the UFC do then I think it’s something that boxing should look at. They have good cards every week and at the end of the month they have a PPV fight.

“There hasn’t actually been any negativity from fans about Eubank Jr fighting on PPV, it’s been more from people inside boxing and I think they are jealous.

“There have been worse cards in the past that have been on PPV. In Quinlan, Eubank's fighting a guy who’s coming over to win and both will be going for the knock out so it’s going to be an exciting fight.

“People pay to watch football, wrestling and movies so why shouldn’t boxers be having regular PPV fights,” he said.

After a previous run at super-bantamweight, Galahad cites his main reason for moving up to the featherweight division as a wanting for the big domestic clashes.

“I’m ready to fight whoever after fighting Agbeko at the Olympia. The main reason I moved up is that all the big fights are now at featherweight and I would love to fight Carl Frampton. His style would suit mine and he would have all sort of problems against me.

“But before I fight him I would like to face Scott Quigg first. I know I can beat him a lot better than the way Frampton did. Quigg’s a good fighter but he isn’t a world class operator and my style would give him a lot of problems,” he said.

14. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Ah, I keep hearing different things. Mental if they've just got that one fight as PPV, absolutely mental.

15. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Who is to say he's definitely clean now?

I love how your willing to give backing to someone who's been caught for doping, but go bat **** crazy at a fighter who got a home-town decision.