Kid Galahad

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Dec 24, 2018.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Warrington although he did start boxing before him didn't have that many fights more than kid. He went 2yr without fighting around the same time he fought lkid.
    I understand that you are backing your friend or family member/ whatever Barry is to you. But the fact is Josh beat him twice and the second fight he totally wiped the floor with kid. Josh might of been fighting longer but he hadn't had that many more fights than kid4.
    They used to be quite friendly them two back then. Josh has lost respect for kid now, he is totally against drug cheats.
    If that was kids 3 and 4 fight, I will have to check on that. They still only match novice with novice in the ams.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  2. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    His mandatory will be an easy defence for him then.

3. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I rate Galahad but Warringtons style is all wrong for him IMO.

4. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    I dont know pal, it could be easy it could be hard. What I will say though is the same as I have every time Josh is in a fight. He will win.
    Josh will not let that belt out of his hands now. He will not underestimate kid that's for sure.
    What I will say tho, is anyone who feels the need to cheat to compete has insecurity/ personality issues. That isn't good in boxing

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  5. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012

6. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    His ban was reduced because "the results certainly weren't consistent with a deliberated doping programme".
    I'm sure you're still going to keep trying to bang home the same point though.

7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Warrington will punch his head in should he not decide to head over to the states where the real money lies.

8. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    What you mean mate is they caught him at the end of the cycle instead of in the middle of it. He was using winni because of the short half life.
    I have heard others on the forum showing concern for the sometime blatant double standards that are shown towards some fighters over others when it comes to doping. In itself that's good, it shows there's a lot of reasonable people on here. Who like to uphold some moral standard. Kid dos seem to get more stick than some of the others who have failed doping tests but that's maybe down to kid himself and how he comes across. As he can come across as a pilock sometimes.
    I'm sure you agree pal that there is no room for doping in a sport like boxing where trying to hurt your opponent is the name of the game, I don't need to type out the implications.
    Just like you are backing kid, I'm backing Josh, hopefully if they do meet it will be a fantastic fight and we all get treated again to a good night of boxing.

9. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    I bow to your knowledge of drug cycles, but this is your interpretation not that of UKAD when they reduced his ban. No other UK athlete has had a ban reduced without reporting other athletes.

10. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    No other athlete has had a fall guy ( His brother )..come forward and “admit” to spiking the guys food either....very suspect ...

stittyb and @Maley like this.
  11. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    That's a fantastic post.

hpsauce91 and Twentyman like this.
  12. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    No need to bow pal, it's not occult teachings were talking about. It's common knowledge that winni is the steroid of choice for boxers because of the short time in the body. We've covered this topic many times on this forum. Also I'm sure kid knew that when he took it.
    Off the top of my head i can't think of anyone in the u.k but there is plenty athletes worldwide that have had reduced bans. All that means is they have had good legal teams. Ukad were under threat of getting their funding drastically reduced at that time. Just because UKAD couldn't prove he took it intentionally, doesn't mean he is innocent. He knew what he was doing. I know that, you know that and kid knows it.
    Tbf, as has been stated, he's now earned his shot. The rules are he gets another chance and I'm all for that but he needs to be kept under close scrutiny. Josh should be shouting for him to take up more vol testing now.

lencoreastside and Holler like this.
  13. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    He's had loads of tests before and since.
    The fight's not made yet but you're already working yourself into a frenzy. It almost seems like your getting your excuses in early.

14. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    It might be naive to assume that with a drug offence against him Galahad will ensure he is clean ( whatever that is determined to be) the main issue I have is he isn’t excieting or marketable ! He has won an eliminator and is mandatory for Warrington’s title but could anyone market as a PPV ?

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Heels in boxing have proven to be huge financial successes in the past. Galahad needs to start playing up to his reputation. If he can't get people to pay to watch him win his best option is getting them to pay to watch him loose.

im sparticus likes this.