Laurence Okolie's opponent

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Sep 8, 2019.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Yves Ngabu is undefeated belgian fighter, anyone seen him fight?

hes the european cw champ.

i really wanna see Okolie starched.

Fhaggis likes this.
  2. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    From the tape he looks around 5'11, which im hoping isn't an issue. If the referee stops Okolie from hugging I could see a KO for Ngabu.

I'll be in the O2 so would be great seeing him starched

3. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I have a vision of the fight being a stone cold classic but none of the people in the arena see it as they all pick exactly that moment to go to the bar.

4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Never saw Ngabu fight before, but if he's half decent then surely he must be in with a chance against Okolie who looks rubbish, lets be honest.

5. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Okolie is awful to watch especially live, he put me through hell watching him last year at Wembley...***** better turn up to fight this time.

Accurate and CutThroatFade like this.
  6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Good clash of styles but I think Lawrence will get his arm raised after 12 rounds of the usual jab jab grab

7. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I would be interested to know if Ngabu is any good on the inside. Is he able to move to the side quickly, does he have good combination punching? Does he use his head and shoulders well, so he can avoid being sucked up? If he can make Okolipus pay sufficiently to stop him from trying to hold them he is really onto a winner.

A fighter who is able to avoid being sucked up, and is able to land combinations on the inside is going to destroy Okolipus.

I am sure the referee will ignore the holding as they did for the Askins and Chamberlain debacles. So it’s up to Ngabu to be able to deal with business himself.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Holler likes this.
  8. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I really do believe that this is the fight that Okolie comes unstuck in, would it be seen as a shock if he loses? Probably, not to many of us on here though, this has been coming and I think on the night it will.

9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    This content is protected

Ingle doesn't rate Okolie, reckons all the elite CWs beat him easily. Knows all about him from the amateurs, has heard a lot from others too and reckons he knows exactly what Ngabu needs to do to make him "crack" in the ring.

Reckon the gameplan for Ngabu will be to just get in his face from round 1 with high intensity. One thing's for sure and that is that Ingle will be all over the ref at the first attempt from Okolie to spoil and hold if that's what unfolds in the ring.

Looking forward to this.

CST80 likes this.
  10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    One thing for sure is that Ngabu will be juiced up to the nines.

Holler, Little brian, Potwash and 5 others like this.
  11. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Ngabu looks built like a brick shìt-house. His biceps looked thicker than my waist.

CST80 and NasalSpray like this.
  12. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    He does! But he looks short as well. I’m guessing Okolie will just try to keep things long and spoil everytime Ngabu try’s to exchange. No height or reach for him on boxrec

Ngabu seems to be talked highly of and well respected plus they don’t give the euro title to just anyone and this will be his 5th defence

A good crossroads fight

Holler and Smudge_ like this.
  13. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    If he's as strong as he looks, Okolie might be unable to spoil and tie him up at every opportunity. Here's hoping.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  14. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    I’ve just watched a couple of clips of Ngabu, he likes to come forward and uses the uppercut quite a lot, interested to see how Okolie deals with that

Smudge_ likes this.
  15. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    How's he ended up with Ingle?