Loma begging and pleading for a rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thunderstorm, May 24, 2023.

1. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Active Member Full Member

Jan 24, 2022
    This content is protected

MarkusFlorez99 and vast like this.
  2. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Won't happen. Worth trying. Maybe the mob will smell lots of dollars in the controversy and act on it like they always do.

dcb154 likes this.
  3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Rematch them. Rematch them. Rematch them. Let's do a rematch.

Bustajay likes this.
  4. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
  5. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Then Haney will Quack

Mugen38 likes this.
  6. NullaLexInk

NullaLexInk Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2022
    I'm not at all fond of rematches but this is one I wouldn't mind seeing run back. It was a good fight and close enough that it's warranted. Definitely a more worthwhile rematch than the one with Kambosos.

On the other hand, Haney prolly won't be able to make 135 much longer and I really want to see him fight Tank or Stevenson. Kinda conflicted honestly, but if he must make one of his last fights at this weight a rematch at least it's guaranteed to be a good fight.

7. Kell Macabe

Kell Macabe I don’t know s*** about boxing Full Member

Nov 20, 2021
    There’s no Point, Loma already got robbed who’s to say it won’t happen again.

Jackman65, Sheikh, Keleneki and 5 others like this.
  8. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I’ll watch & likely so will you… we are sick!

Bustajay likes this.
  9. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    The mental gymnastics of a Fury nuthugger.

Usyk and Loma are good friends. By association, Loma gets shade from these nuthuggers.

By belittling Loma, they somehow think it makes Usyk look bad.

It’s all to deflect and distract from the fact that Fury has run to Australia to find an opponent no one has ever heard of.

They’re insecure wee fellas. You shouldn’t expect much more when their idol is petrified of a ‘middleweight’.

mono, Mugen38, spravedlivylev and 2 others like this.
  10. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Beg for a Garcia-like Gervonta deal, beat Davis and actually have the upper card in the Haney renegotiations.

11. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    There's no reason to suspect the result will be any different. Much like the first fight, it will almost certainly be a high intensity, technical battle decided by three ring side judges.

And, boxing being a business as much as it is a sport, the decision will go to the more marketable, financially viable fighter. I'll leave it the rest of you to decide who that is.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful. I suspect Haney having fulfilled all his contractual obligations will be looking to make the most lucrative fight next. I don’t think he will be reluctant to fight Loma again either. Bob Arum will need to make Haney an offer he can’t refuse.

Bustajay and DaRealJT like this.
  13. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    **** that, that fight was far too close for comfort, I don't accept that either proved his superiority at the weight and most people feel that way. Even those who have it to Haney have it close.

Rematch.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    Contro, BoyBato, box33 and 5 others like this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    No problem with a rematch which I think will make money for both. However I am putting on my boxing manager hat on now which is what would I do next. Well Loma may not be the most lucrative the most lucrative is Tank so I will either fight Tank next in a mega match guaranteeing career highest payday or he and Tank take another fight a safe one for Haney before he fights Tank. Also you have to factor in that Haney’s days at 135 pounds which struggles to make ar3 close to ending if not already. Yes he is Undisputed at 135 pounds or be it for Tan’s regular WBA belt with Haney the WBA Super champion. If Tank fight Teofimo next beating him and it’s for a 140 belt assuming Teo beats Josh Taylor and puts it on the line against Tank( That is a very big IF), Then Haney and Tank can fight at 140 pounds or catchweight for all 5 belts. If I am Tank why not insist on fight with Haney at 135 pounds where he holds all 4 belts.

15. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Haney will duck and will get KTFO by Tank.

vast likes this.