Loma`s team appealing decision

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mark Anthony, May 21, 2023.

1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony He`s a masterbaiter Full Member

May 17, 2023
    The boxing world is in uproar over the decision and Loma`s team are appealing the judges decision. Bob Arum, Shakur Stevenson and Bud Crawford all said Loma won the fight.
    ShowBizz The Adult
    This content is protected

This content is protected

Perkin Warbeck and pacas like this.
  2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Sore losers.

3. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Too bad neither are professional judges and an even fight will rightfully never be overturned.

P. S. I don't remember Loma appealing the decision to get sanctioned for a world title fight he never earned vs. Salido, or the next one following that loss. "Me me me Bob Arum buy me world title fights with that big wallet of yours" but "oh no, I didn't lose, it wasn't me, it was the low blows, the injury and the judges".:roflmao:

You'd expect someone with this many skills to have respect, integrity and a spine. Oh well....

MrFoFody, Olu G. Rotimi and Manfred like this.
  4. FanManII

FanManII Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Loma clearly won the fight BUT, there will be no reversal. They can't reverse it due to all the betting that took place.
    What the commission can do is order and immediate rematch to atone for the travesty.

5. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    This won’t do anything other than a rematch maybe being ordered

That’s it

6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    It should be considered a no-contest due to the corrupt judging. That would go a long way towards helping boxing get on the right track. But as Bob said, Fighting an American fighter in his home town with three American judges, never does such a thing like that happen anywhere else in the world. That alone, and given the long history of Easter Euro and Eurasian fighters getting screwed in EVERY close fight in Las Vegas, tells you no fights of this caliber should ever take place in Las Vegas. It is corrupt to the core. I applaud Klimas for submitting a formal complaint to draw attention to this egregious robbery.

Joy_Rones, C.J., haileris and 2 others like this.
  7. Melankomas

Melankomas Prime Jeffries would demolish a grizzly in 2 Full Member

Dec 18, 2022
    Ridiculous if it is overturned, sounds like a bunch of sore losers to me!

Unless the fight was not close and an undeniable robbery, you shouldn't ask for the decision to be overturned. Loma wasn't robbed.

8. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Loma should walk away. He put a lot into this fight he has to be gutted. I doubt he wins a rematch but he did win this fight

pacas and fitzroy boy_iron mike like this.
  9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Not appealable very close fight. HOWEVER Moretti should be sacked off for his round 10 Haney

Wizbit1013 and ipitythefool like this.
  10. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Loma won but this is a waste of time. Taylor lost even worse to Catteral and got the W. Boxing is terminally rotten. People will forget about this bad decision and pretend Haney won.

You wonder why guys like the Paul brothers draw more than elite pro fights? Boxing is a joke.

Joy_Rones, Holler, BCS8 and 3 others like this.
  11. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    It's his right but it won't change the outcome

The Real Lance, Manfred and DobyZhee like this.
  12. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    & get more people to BET even more money…
    the house NEVER loses!

Fourth_Horseman and Keleneki like this.
  13. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Judges could have scored Canelo-Bivol 120-108 for Canelo and an appeal wouldn't have done anything. The judges wouldn't have even been held to account. It won't do anything here, even if they have that procedural right.

Joy_Rones and C.J. like this.
  14. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Loma's team should be asking themselves why they didn't tell Loma to 'go for it' in the 11th when he had him on toast.

They blew it more badly than the judges.

I'm thinking the American commentary must have had Loma winning in order for people to be reacting like this.

15. fruitandnutcase

fruitandnutcase Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2022
    People are in 'uproar' because Haney's style stinks and Loma was 'robbed' of a legacy-defining win. In reality this was a close fight. I know it hurts and we're going to have to wait for the jab-and-grab merchant to get chinned but it is what it is

People acting like this is Byrd giving GGG two rounds all of a sudden. Sometimes fairy tales don't come true. Robinson lost to Maxim. In an alternate universe Duran lost to Barkley. It is what it is

Fogger, TipNom and pacas like this.