Luis Alberto Lopez vs Reiya Abe

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

WhataRock, McGrain and Serge like this.
  2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You're going down, Abe

Your ass is getting smooth the beep knocked out

Time to pay the piper, asswipe

It's been a long time coming but best believe it's coming

This is the end of the line

Your career and legacy is getting buried in the dirt right where it belongs

You reap what you sow, chibi

WhataRock likes this.
  3. ellerbe

ellerbe VIP Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Chibi :risas3::risas3:

Serge likes this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

5. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016

6. Carinito

Carinito Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2023
    Lopez by KO 5th rd

7. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
  8. Macedoine62

Macedoine62 Active Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2023
    Last chance for a world title for the Japanese Reiya Abe, who is ranked number 1 IBF since his unanimous decision victory against Kiko Martinez, 9th by the WBO and 2nd by the IBO, 6th on Boxrec

Reiya Abe still hits quite hard despite a low KO rate, here is the face of Kiko Martinez after the fight:

But the Mexican champion's preparation is impressive for this fight, I favored him. I find that Luis Alberto Lopez is even strangely underestimated, probably because he spent most of his fights far from the spotlight.

Luis Alberto Lopez is more enduring, more powerful, more physical. In terms of boxing, Abe's style is interesting but he still takes a lot of punches and often keeps his guard low despite getting into his opponent's guard.

Physically he is less imposing Luis Alberto Lopez, but he will be able to impose his volume of blows on the Japanese and therefore impose himself physically. He is the champion but he will fight like a challenger, to compensate for that the only real advantage of Reiya Abe is his footwork and if he is patient he could be better on the counter with his straight right or his right hooks.

The best thing for Reiya Abe would be to keep Luis Alberto Lopez at bay and continue his stick and move. Problem we saw with the Japanese Shingo Wake against Yonathan Guzman, that this style of boxing is suitable if you are only more physical than your opponent and especially if you have a good defense.

I don't blame Reiya Abe who is a worker and a courageous boxer, he must have great resistance to have taken the full brunt of Kiko Martinez's best punches. I put Luis Alberto Lopez by TKO late round 10 I would say.

Badbot likes this.
  9. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023
    The fight will take place on March 2, 2024 in Verona, United States.

heerko koois likes this.
  10. ellerbe

ellerbe VIP Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Should set this up for the same card as Inoue/Nery and winners fight each other.

11. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023
    Not the same weight category and Naoya vs Nery it will be another card. Naoya still has plans planned for the Super Bantamweights, notably beating Luis Nery and John Riel Casimero.

Badbot and ellerbe like this.
  12. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023
  13. Carinito

Carinito Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2023
    Macedoine62 likes this.
  14. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023

The problem is that everyone underestimates Abe. Certainly Luis Alberto Lopez is a 60-40 favorite for me. But Abe remains a boxer with good movement, great intelligence in the ring, a good blocker and above all a left-handed boxer. It reminds me when Delakian defended his title against Seigo Yuri Akui, everyone believed that the Ukrainian was going to beat him before the limit.

15. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Lopez is a diamond in the rough, went totally under the radar but fought himself to be the best featherweight in the world imo.