Lyndon Arthur vs Sullivan Barerra

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sullivan Barerra is calling Lyndon Arthur out on Twitter. Is he with Top Rank, if so it should be a relatively easy fight to make.

I would imagine you could easily get one of the ranking belts attached to it as well.

Be a very interesting fight.

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Arthur is just a spoiler who stays at long range threatening with his long jab, he`s very basic.

Sphillips likes this.
  3. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’d like to see that fight.

but if Arthur only throws 4 right hands the whole fight again then I won’t be watching any of his fights ever again

4. DosserTerminator

DosserTerminator New Member Full Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Didn't he bust his hand in his warm up. Glad he beat Yarde on the basis of his fraud trainer and that kitty litter gym they operate from lions and all that.

5. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Blimey some terrible comments on Arthur on this thread already. He beat a guy who was 8-1 ON to beat him, and did it with one hand. It was tweeted by Carl Greaves before the fight that Arthur had done his right hand according to Boxing News, to go in and win the fight with a jab is a fantastic achievement and should be celebrated. He beat the most overly hyped fighter in this country for years with one arm.
    As for Sullivan Barrera, it'd be a rare manager indeed who sees his fighter notch the biggest win of his career and then get paid less in his next fight. Lyndon should follow the money now because he and Pat Barrett both deserve it.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Think Lyndon needs a few more step ups before taking on Barrera. He did really well with one hand against Yarde.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Let’s do it. I think Barrera might be a step too far at the moment but would be down to see it

8. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I too think Arthur was superb, and I am over the moon for him, Pat Barrett, and Collyhurst and Moston gym. Brian Hughes will be smiling down on him. Yarde is a hard night for anybody. A powerful young man who punches very hard. Lyndons footwork and jab won him that fight. A great example for young pros and amateurs alike. I really hope Lyndon goes on and has a great career. I think he will. A real confidence boosting win.

9. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Bit of a random call out !

10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Peacock Gym?

11. DosserTerminator

Dec 16, 2020
    Yeah full of self important frauds over the last few years used to be a very respectable gym now its full of wankers.

12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Hmm fair enough,ive never seen them in that way

I get the Tunde comment and agree and that front but always thought a fair bit of most staff based there

I worked next door to them and their pub for 10 years so knew them all quite well

Maybe since they moved?

13. DosserTerminator

Dec 16, 2020
    Its changed a lot in the last few years I dint think most of the staff are bad its just very loud minority including Tunde the twat.

14. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I think a good idea for Lyndon would be to either a) target Craig Richards for British title (Lyndon has already tweeted something to this effect) or b) target the winner of Joe Smith Jr or Maxim Vlasov for the WBO, as the winner would be the weakest champion available in my opinion.