Manny Steward ..That SOB!!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bigtime9, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Lrn2stophidinglikeabitchandpostonyouroriginalaccountname

dont matter anyways, Taylor got KTFO, I remember the 1st round was a very close round and HBO was too generous giving Pavlik rounds 4/5th round when Pavlik was just stalking but getting countering hard.

2. Rickypr18

Rickypr18 Active Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Wow... so you are saying Taylor was out-jabbing Pavlik??? You are the one that needs to watch the fight again, because Pavlik was clearly landing the harder jabs and was connecting more.

3. Rickypr18

Rickypr18 Active Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2006
    He might have gotten countered, but those were like 4 or 6 punches, while Pavlik was working the whole round.

4. dragosuhail

dragosuhail Active Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    bigtime,

the punchstats were awfully close. the reason why taylor edged pavlik in total punches was it? i forgot what catagory it was...

but anyway... the reason for the SLIGHT edge, was because of ROUND 2! he landed a ton of leather on pavlik in that round, therefore it boosted his overall score.

taylor was hitting pavlik with lots of clean punches BUT SO WAS PAVLIK! OTHERWISE HOW THE **** DID PAVLIK BREAK HIS OPPONENT DOWN?

your just bitter cause you are a bad analysis AND blew 3 grand. better luck next time bud.

5. Stickandmove

Stickandmove Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I lost a lot of money as well! I saw Jermain Taylor outboxing Pavlik for the most part, and he should have continued that rather than brawling.

I would question Jermain's stamina at 160 pounds and possibly his heart.

But hats off to Pavlik and those who predicted a 7th round TKO/KO - you were right and I was wrong - on this occasion :hey

6. Silverfox

Silverfox Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2007
    You obviously know nothing about a boxer and boxing. No matter what a trainer TELLS the fighter to do, he must be able to assess whats happening to him in the ring and change his tactics accordingly. Taylor obviously is unable to that.

He does not have the ability to ever become a better fighter. No matter who trains him! Pavlik on the other hand, will improve.

7. boxeo#1

boxeo#1 Boxer-Puncher banned

May 11, 2007
    Did manny ever did a GOOD thing to a fighter?:patsch :huh Hearns?
    Imo he also ****ed up wladimir, wladimir changed SOOO much since MANNY MOFO is his trainer

8. thewoo

thewoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 3, 2005
    I thikn that Manny's wanted Taylor to try to get Pavlik out of there. He likes for his vunerable fighters to take the fight to their opponent to KO them so that they don't have to take fire for 12 rounds. With Taylor's stamina, probably would have gotten KO'd late if he tried to outbox pavlik for 12 rounds. His only hope was to try to take Pavlik out.

9. boxeo#1

boxeo#1 Boxer-Puncher banned

May 11, 2007
    I don't completely agree with that. Now a big mistake was that low left hand. Did steward tell taylor to keep that hand up? I bet they also didn't do that in training, otherwise he would haved just did that automatically.

Let's consider that steward did tell taylor to keep that left hand up. Now if they didn't practise that for once in training camp you can't excpect it to go up all over a sudded. Your body must automatically do that.

10. TomaTos

TomaTos Active Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    2 dumb ass ESB poster...

I had the fight 3-3 after 6, so Taylor by a point !

The fight was very close ! I disagree with Lederman on one round.

R1: Pavlik
    R2: Taylor
    R3: Pavlik
    R4: Taylor
    R5: Taylor
    R6: Pavlik

Btw, the round 1-2-3 were EASY to score, the dude earlier that had Taylor winning the first round is a troll. 4-5-6 were close rounds.

11. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Pavlik won the fight, by stoppage (not much you can argue about there), so get over it.

12. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    I had it 49-46 in Taylor's favour going itnto the 7th. I gave Pavlik the 4th, and a share of the 1st, and I was rooting for Pavlik.
    It's was easy to see Pavliks's successes, big jabs snapping Taylor's head back etc, but anybody with an objective eye could tell that Taylor was landing the most shots.
    I had a sneaking suspicion in the 3rd round that Pavlik was warming to the task and Taylor was feeling the punches more than he was showing, but we didn't really know for sure until he crumbled.
    Hindsight has no place in scoring a fight, Taylor had a handy lead on the scorecards.

13. Maxime

Maxime Sweet Science Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    When will people learn to never bet on boxing? :lol:

14. Chert

Chert Ringside Potato Full Member

Feb 14, 2006
    we always hear steward saying a boxer w/ great skills will always beat a one dimensional power hitting slugger. i guess this fight proves that he has to go back to his drawing board.

15. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    It's not as if it was just the right hand that destroyed Taylor though. Some of the jabs were very effective and it was left hooks that finished him off.