Marciano v Cokkell Not In B & W.By D Brown

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Tonto62, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Cokkel was ko'd by a middleweight get real for once!

2. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Head to head, who are you picking.... Stiverne or Cokkell?

There is no supreme era of relativism in the heavyweight division. More than any other division, and because of the inherent lack of a ceiling on the division, the athletes are better... vastly better. As is the case with all other big boy sports. Stick you head in the sand and wait for the next Cokkell, or even Marciano, if you want. But don't hold your breath.

3. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    So was Holyfield

Gazelle Punch likes this.
  4. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    No never.

5. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    My head isn’t in the sand. Put Stiverne and Breazeal in the 1950s without their protein shakes and illegal injections and what do you have? ..Target practice!

Without modern advances Stiverne and Breazeal are just Two oafs. Two oafs who have not beaten anybody now and certainly two Oafs who wouldn’t beat anybody then. They would be slower than they are now, less stamina than they have now, more fatigued and less chance of anticipating a punch. They would never even register beyond club level and likely leave boxing for another form of income. Perhaps wrestling.

Sure Athletes are getting better when they use what was not available before but a punch on the jaw is still available for all time. It still weakens the knees and sends them crashing onto their buttocks. It’s the great equaliser that is not measured with a stopwatch or tape measure. It puts your lights out when Adam was a lad and it still does the trick now.

Talk of improving athletes in any other sport equates to performance enhancing drugs. In combat sports it is even worse because strength compensates for skill. So a guy today can be a dud in an earlier level unless he already is a special fighter.

young griffo and Gazelle Punch like this.
  6. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    No your head is up your arse!
    Both Stiverne and Breazeale would butcher Cokkel!
    174¼ [url]Randolph Turpin[/url] 162½ 43 3 1
    L
    TKO 11/15

referee: [url]Tommy Little[/url]
    [url]vacant Commonwealth (British Empire) Light Heavy Title[/url]
    [url]BBBofC British Light Heavy Title[/url]

Cockell down three times.

GOAT Primo Carnera likes this.
  7. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    you quote a few posters of the literal thousands I have posted along side of since approx 2003 with NO Trouble, you & klompton fight with dozens of posters...

you never quote - the Ratings for those years,
    you never quote - the passing over while 5 years UNDEFEATED and Still No.1 in 1942, Drooped from Contention in 45 and his No.1 Contention Rights with Mills till 48 and beyond
    you never quote - his 'official title status reports for BOTH these titles
    you never quote - the Robbed Decisions (5 of them)
    you never quote - the commentaries on his Style, First Class boxing, his excellence or his knock out punching ability
    you never quote - the statements of him favoured or believed to be the next British MW

these have all been spoke of, sited and are Actual Reports from "the Ring, Boxing News, Newspapers ad the like...

you always imply A) they don't Exist and B) I made them up.

you NEVER Answer ANYBODIES Question in YOUR Showdown, you are a master at evasion... and have been told so by dozens of Posters. and YOU are always the One to START the trouble McVey.

Sorry to make you sick with venom pal, but These Reports are REAL and out there on Record.

and it is only your unhealthy attachment to Rule Britannia and win at all cost that cause you to Disregard what's written and attack others who HAVE TRIED over the years to point you to such things that you blank and have been pulled up by dozens of good people who don't dream of such delinquent behaviour never mind entertain it.

the MATERIAL is WRITTEN HISTORY for God's Sake and you want me and others to just pretend it's not there... well 'IF' it wasn't there people would not have mentioned, spoke of, or leaned on such facts & reports in the first place.

people want to talk boxing both 'offer & learn' from such Recorded History, not fight it with an obvious arrogant combative trouble maker.

It's all THERE from before we were even born!!!

choklab likes this.
  8. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Didn’t James Toney kick his ass?

9. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Two duds today won’t make the ratings in the 1950s.

Gazelle Punch likes this.
  10. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Tell you what lets have a debate about your Grandfather Bert Gilroy and his abilities.
    I'll make a thread asking is he was ever 1.Great ? 2.World class?
    You can get on your soap box and propound your opinion and I'll counter it with recorded results is that fair?

And we'll see who says what.Do you agree to this?
    Yes or No?

11. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    1.What did Toney weigh 217lbs
    2, How old was Holyfield? A few days off of 41
    3,Toney had not fought at middleweight for11 years!

As I said a total nonsense!

You really are compulsively dishonest aren't you!

GOAT Primo Carnera likes this.
  12. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    been done a good few times before, not wasting anymore time, the conversation are also there to read and So ARE the Sited Ratings and Reports and all such wonderful things... knock your self out.

I've got thousands of reports and material and Thankfully So DO some Poster who have copies of Gilroy's Scrapbook with all such Reports in it, which i have since Quadrupled in Reports now.

13. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    So Holyfield never got beat at all by a middleweight? Are you honestly saying James Toney never Fought at middleweight? I thought he honestly won the title there?

Cokkell lost to guy 12lb lighter than he was before he was a contender. So what?

14. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Not connected to this thread is it?

15. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    I expected this response! Here are some questions for you will you find the minerals to answer them?
    Forget scrap books, let's deal in facts and results.

1.What are Gilroy's 3 best wins?
    2.What titles did he hold?
    3.Was he ever world ranked?
    4.What world ranked fighters did he beat?

Take your time I'll be here all night!