Martin Bakole

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by billy nelson, Sep 22, 2017.

1. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Those fight were a year ago judge him fro Akinlade fight onwards, please beleive me his accuracy is top drawer

bbjc likes this.
  2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    After the Sokolowski fight, I wouldn't mind seeing him in with someone like Sherman Williams.

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I should be at that show on the 7th so I look forward to seeing him

4. Mighty Moe

Mighty Moe Member banned Full Member

Oct 15, 2018
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

305th and lepinthehood like this.
  5. CasualFan

CasualFan Active Member Full Member

Oct 23, 2013
    So what? Boxing trainer hypes his prospect. It's part of the business.

Going to the trouble of making a new account just to say lol is quite sad. At least put some effort in! If you added something like the sound of Nelson from the Simpsons going '' Ha, Ha '' I would have probably given you a like.

Very original.

Patter983, Scissors and Fhaggis like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Accuracy was awful on saturday

305th and destruction like this.
  7. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    I feel for Billy Nelson...i was hyping Bakole up too lol.

He can still learn and go far though...people on here are quick to write fighters off these days but im sure the big man will come back stronger.

Still rate Billy Nelson as a trainer and a man, he a good bloke and knows what he is doing.

Arnie, Patter983, pow and 5 others like this.
  8. Davepompeydave

Davepompeydave As bad as can Full Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Bakole is just a prospect, undefeated records haven't meant a thing since the 50s

305th likes this.
  9. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    If it wasn't for Billy Nelson then I wouldn't have even known/cared about Bakole.

Just watched the 8th round and if Bakole hadn't got injured, I think he would have stopped Hunter.

10. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Can't remember the round but Hunter was all but done and if Bakole could have kept the pressure on he could well have forced a stoppage. Instead he slowed down and Hunter was able to recover and go on and dominate. Not clear if this was injury or gassing, but the fight could easily have gone the other way at that point.

11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Interesting take but I disagree. After the first couple of rounds I believed Bakole would stop him but he totally ran out of steam by the fifth. I scored the fight on the RBR and I remember Bakole had a great round and Hunter seemed exhausted and then in the next round Bakole was on the back foot.

Seemed like he was banking on an early KO and wasn’t conditioned to last the distance.

305th and im sparticus like this.
  12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Yes if you analyse Bakole in the 6th he looks like a beaten man in that round. All of the energy and attacking intent was gone by then.

So for people to blame this injury that wasn’t all that bad for his loss is plain wrong.

He was being beaten up and mentally checked out of the fight after 5 rounds. It didn’t look like a gassing issue to me, it looked more like him being hurt and wanting to avoid a severe beating.

Canning likes this.
  13. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Good to have you back!!

14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I've just watched the fight, Hunter schooled him. Impressive peformance from Hunter and dissapointing from Bakole considering the hype.

I wonder what the odds where for Pianetta and Hunter wins?

15. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Billy I don't know what the he'll you were thinking. You've banged on about bakole, for a bit now and I understand that a trainer backs his fighter but wouldn't it of been better to keep your mouth shut.
    Bakole needs a lot of work mate. He hasn't even nailed the basics.
    He drags his back leg at times which for a clever fighter is a good send.
    His posture is all off and consequently he struggles with using a high gaurd and forearm blocking. There was loads of other basic stuff that stuck out that he has yet to master. He needs a lot of work.
    That fight might be a godsend billy.
    There's a lot to correct in Martin's work and imo it's better to address these issues now before the opposition gets tastier.
    Just my 2 cents