Mickey Walker VS Freddie Steele

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by roughdiamond, Oct 4, 2019.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    And? That's irrelevant. Like litterally completely irrelevant.

Benny Leonard is ranked in the top 10 pfp of all time and he still lost. Same with Armstrong, Charles, Robinson and Moore. No one's unbeatable. Regardless of who they beat.
    Age? Is that the depth of your argument? Really? That's quite poor. Is there anything we have put in this threads that's factually untrue? No.
    I don't mind in you saying this can you at least tell him to aim properly...
    Do Historians back up Perry when he calls pro fighters who have made it to world level or ATG status nothings? No.
    Do they when he says that Loma and Usyk are untested? No.
    Do they when he says that Marciano was more skilled than Lomachenko? No.

cross_trainer and roughdiamond like this.
  2. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    History and the Dead will eventually rate Tyson Fury as an ATG (trusting he keeps winning), but the truth is he (and many of his era peers) are 2cd and 3rd rate fighters compared to Better Era's...

so one again the "Achievement" based lists are often erroneous, a misrepresentation and most of all IMPOSSIBLE to accurately place fighters.

Walker is a great, so is Steele, but by all accounts Steele a better Boxer and Stylist, who 'should' out point Walker, but sure Walker would give him a fight.

Lists are Impossible, BS, and far too many people begin equating one better than another because of them, which again is impossible in reality and also insulting to hundreds of GREAT Fighters who trampled the canvas...

3. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Tim ribs is gone mate. He said to me he'd only ever check in to check PMs. He has a busy life with his son etc. He ain't coming back for a long while.

And some of these people are seriously ridiculous. You don't agree with them about one small thing about old timers? Your wrong, your opinions irrelevant. Now wonder Flea snapped, and posters like Confuscious, GPater, Mantequilla and many others left. And these fools don't usually have boxing experience and have the cheek to criticise. I've had 10 ****ing hard bouts and spar and train nearly every single week since is was 13. I've grown up with boxing. But apparently we're 'too young'. Bull****. You can't even have a debate. This forum was awesome back in 2015. Now it's dead.

Meanwhile, General has posters like CST, IB and many others who really know there boxing and, unlike most here, can actually read a fight and have boxing experience. And they have good writing capabilities and USE THE REPLY FUNCTION.

You know what, what's the ****ing point? I think I'm only gonna come in here to do scorecards / breakdowns now in the pinned thread. And use General.

See ya later.

4. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Not only this, they also tell 0 part in how a H2H match up goes.

Good post by the way.

roughdiamond likes this.
  5. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Totally agree. Try telling quack Houdini that.

6. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I'm thinking similar, but I'll probably still do the FoTW.

roughdiamond likes this.
  7. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    I'll try and contribute if you do.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Well I'll do them on Sundays so feel free to. Good one for later on.

roughdiamond likes this.
  9. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    I'll check tomorrow at some point.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Just ridiculous. No one who watched both fighters felt Steele was on the same planet as Walker in terms of greatness as a fighter. The greatest boxing historians who ever lived always ranked Walker top ten EASY and Steele rarely mentioned in this “class”. It’s revisionist history to believe otherwise. Steele is all of a sudden a greater fighter than Walker? How? Those that lived through those times already have spoken and no new information has been determined that would change that history. Lots of individuals like to make things up but sorry you can’t change very well known very well understood history. The real question you should ask yourself is WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO?

The Morlocks likes this.
  11. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Oh **** off

12. HOUDINI

Aug 18, 2012
    Great comeback kid. Learn the damn sport!

The Morlocks likes this.
  13. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Who? You haven't actually said. Yet again, no back up. I've given you multiple sources already, including McGrain. Give me a source, quack magician. But you're not good at that, are you?

Lots of individuals like to make things up? Ironic coming from you, mister heresy.

You're absolutely ridiculous. Are you blind to the thread posts? Your lack of self awareness, the cognitive dissonance, its enough to make me faint. There's no point conversing with you. Your an arrogant loon who's never boxed and fetishizes romantic ideals about classical boxing. I never actually denigrated Walker in my posts. He is an ATG favourite, and higher p4p of course. No one denies it. Its posters like you who ruin the forum for those who want to learn.

You'll probably be the first in my ignore at this rate.

14. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    And this is a H2H match up dickhead. Which you have ruined. Again.

Historians don't matter here.

15. HOUDINI

Aug 18, 2012
    If you don’t know Walker is always ranked over Steele historically then you can list yourself as a know nothing. Do a google search and it’s right there in front of you. No historian who lived through the Walker and Steele eras ranks Steele over Walker. It’s ****ing boxing history 101.

The Morlocks likes this.