Mike Tyson vs Joe Frazier

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by dmt, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Perry

Perry Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Tyson had mental issues. Whether its inability to handle being frustrated, guts, will to win once in a tough fight, bully mentality or all of these I would not argue. His mentality was his Achilles heel.

2. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I agree with this no doubt,

this is one of the reasons I grant him such a short prime imo , I don't think his mental issues took fully hold of him until after he won the belt thereby effecting him in numerous ways across the board.

You cant get hit with the shots Buster hit him with only to soak them up for so many rounds before falling without having a larger than normal amount of guys and mental strength,,,,,, Mental issues or not :bbb

3. Perry

Apr 26, 2015
    As an amateur he cried at times hysterically the night before every bout. This just does not go away when you turn pro. It's there maybe now in the background but it's there. I believe in a tough bout this mental deficit would rear its head. Maybe it rears its head as an inability to fight according to plan, being more sedate, caution, inability to think etc.

Tyson lacked this ATG attribute and it's why he is not ranked higher all time. He certainly had all the physical assets.

4. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Tell you what I'll have a little spar with you and your boyfriend one after the other.

5. latineg

Jun 4, 2009
    If you don't believe his bout with Douglas was "TOUGH" than you and I have a very different opinion on heart and toughness. That bout being far removed from his amateur days.

Here is the scoop, I already agreed with you about Tyson not being as tough as Holy and Frazier, now you are just being closed towards the truth that Tyson was still pretty tough mentally regardless to his many times fragile mental state.

Otherwise he never would of climbed off the canvas and given his best against Douglas as he did. Tyson was seriously hurt before he finally started going down against Douglas and there was no quit in him while he was seriously hurt, If you need to deny this to only judge him on what came after than that's your choice.

6. latineg

Jun 4, 2009
    you wouldn't want to do that, I am a real boxer chump :rasta

7. Perry

Apr 26, 2015
    It depends on your definition of "quit".

8. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    A real boxer.... you couldn't box eggs.

9. latineg

Jun 4, 2009
    stop making fun of my over sized fists :nono

listen if you want to box or no holds fight me PM me, don't start stinking up this thread sucking the attention you want as a tough guy just because you suck so badly in the ring/streets where reality is king :rasta

10. Perry

Apr 26, 2015
    Not taking sides here but everyone is brave sitting behind a computer screen.

11. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    Don't have to take sides, I'm more than happy to have a spar with Azzer and his boyfriend. I'm more than happy to meet them at their gym, anybody can come.

12. latineg

Jun 4, 2009

Tyson didn't quit against Douglas and he was taking huge shots long before he was finally knocked out. That is my definition of not quitting.

Quitters don't become the youngest heavyweight champ in history.

13. latineg

Jun 4, 2009
    as I said, PM me about it, otherwise shut up you attention seeking forum ho :nono

lets get back to Tyson and Frazier :bbb

I would love to see this fight, always figured it would be good while it lasted. Both short and compact guys going right at each other for the most part.

14. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    Did he not quit against Holyfield by fouling? What about against McBride?

15. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    I'm waiting for your PM ***** boy....

Both never fought anyone like each other, maybe Mathis JR had similarities but he couldn't carry Frazier's jockstrap. Even that fat usless man made Tyson look **** poor.