Mike Tyson vs Lenny McClean Primes

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by sjc, Aug 14, 2008.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Without wishing to sound a pillock (which isn't hard at the best of times when talking about ******ed stuff like this), When I was about 21-22 and a SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT I had a fight with one of these celebraty hard man football holligans one night when I was working the doors. He and a load of his mates had kicked off inside for one reason or another and as the door team was pretty strong we managed to move most of them out fairly easily. The tough guy was the last one to leave and was surrounded by fellow 'hard men' (please read well built, pretty ugly, old blokes in designer wear).

He took exception to something I said or did and we had a free go on the dance floor- none of his mates could do anything as they were massively out numbered. He was utterly useless and I smashed him.

After he'd got up and walked out of the bar having being utterly embarassed infront of his pals - he then kicked off with police and was again hammered this time by koshes and the like. He was also bitten by a police dog.

Something tells me thats story might change a little should it ever make it into a book.

:lol:

2. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    'I'll eat your arsehole alive'.

My money is on Tyson being the only human on earth who could pull that line off and still sound scary. :lol:

3. LP_1985

LP_1985 JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times Full Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Cant remember whose book it was, but Carlton Leech springs to mind. Anyway, there firm was running the door to the ministry of sound in South London and Lenny tried to muscle in. Carlton rung him up for a set to and Lenny bottled it.:think

4. glue glove

glue glove Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    This is a funny/silly argument we all admit.

But here is a way to put it.

If you had to fight whoever behind a door to get out, who would you rather be there?

McClean or Tyson?
    :think

5. Nipple

Nipple I hate my username banned

Sep 6, 2010
    Off topic a bit, but there's no doubt in my mind that in a streetfight, lenny would of been an absolute ****ing nightmare.

He has got that vicious streak in him that you're just born with, had (what seem's like) very good power, was an animal, was ****ing huge as well, had it all.

He'd kill people in a streetfight.

Bottling it from leech????

6. sugarsean

sugarsean Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2009
    The guy was glassed jawed myth who got sparked out in the first round 3 times by the only pros he fought, two former light heavyweight boxers, he was a big mouth unskilled brawler who could only beat other big mouth unskilled brawlers and wanna be fighters.

7. sugarsean

Jun 2, 2009
    Mikes not even the best heavyweight ever but hes still top 10 - 13 all time great heavyweight and one of the best finisher's in history of fighting and a highly skilled professional

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H5NWbE9AGQ[/ame]

Mikes not some arm punching, chin in the air, wild swinging brawler who fights guys that think its against the law to move there head like this **** right here

:-(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2w8XfVDXg&feature=related[/ame]

Forget Tyson, Michael Spinks would of made Mclean his *****

8. arightballsup

arightballsup Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2011
    He got ko'd twice by Cliff Field within a round. If this guy could do it with not even journeyman status an elite fighter would really hurt him, especially a fighter like Tyson who would relish a street fight.

No doubt McClean was a very hard man but there is a difference. I think it was ODLH who said something along the lines of why would I fight on the streets when I get paid millions of pounds to do it in the ring.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=16601&cat=boxer

9. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    I would say Tyson is a lock for a 6-9 place myself.

10. sugarsean

Jun 2, 2009
    I would'nt say a lock but you could make a good case for having him as high as 7 imo, but I have him right at 10 on my list.

11. Flea Man

Sep 7, 2008
    Sean, I responded to you on Booker but don't remember hearing your thoughts about, would love to hear 'em :good

My list, the brackets are pretty much a lock, the ordering interchangable.

1. Ali

2. Louis

3. Lewis
    4. Foreman
    5. Holmes (always get pulled up for Foreman ;-))

6. Evander
    7. Tyson
    8. Frazier
    9. Marciano
    10. Charles

Is mine. And yes, I know that Johnson, Langford, Dempsey, Tunney and Liston are conspicuous in their absence :lol: I have my reasons, would love to see your list mucker :good

12. sugarsean

Jun 2, 2009
    Sorry about that mate, Eddie's probably my favorite of the Black Murderer's Row, great record I think his knockout of Archie Moore and win over Williams, gives a good indication of how good he must of been, I really wish he would of had more opportunity's in his career.

This list is based on many factors combined together, abilty, skill set, achievements, longevity and Hd 2 Hd.

01. Muhammad Ali
    02. Joe Louis
    03. Jack Johnson
    04. George Foreman
    05. Larry Holmes
    06. Joe Frazier
    07. Sonny Liston
    08. Evander Holyfield
    09. Rocky Marciano
    10. Mike Tyson

13. sugarsean

Jun 2, 2009
    It nice to see the great Ezzard Charles in your list, he justs misse's out on my top 10,
    I've got him at 12 .

14. Flea Man

Sep 7, 2008
    Good list, would love to hear your reasons behind ranking Johnson so high though mate :good

Glad to see someone else ranks Big George as highly as I do :good

15. sugarsean

Jun 2, 2009
    Thanks mate,

I rate Johnson so high because he dominated his era, and is a boxing master imo and a devasting puncher, if he had'nt played the fool as much and got down to business straight away, I think he'd have even more KO's, he's very unexciting but I think he's a hd 2 hd nightmare.

George Foreman is the baddest mother****er that ever lived, if my list was purely Hd 2 Hd he'd be at number 2.