mma sucks

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Relentless, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    This is the thing to me. It may indeed require skill, as you have suggested, but when these fights hit the ground, it's just plain DULL to watch. I don't care how much macho promotion you dress this **** up with, watching a couple of guys roll around on the ground is just BORING.

2. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    exactly when its on the floor its terrible

i think thats the reason why i like Jon Jones his almost never off his feet and controls his opponent from distance

3. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    Yeah, that's why I liked some of Chuck Liddell's fights - there was ACTION, punches being thrown, guys moving around and getting knocked out - not dull, boring rolling around on the floor.:yep

4. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    ya and there 5 minute rounds, often 4 or more of those minutes are guys hugging each other on the floor

mma isnt more exciting than boxing, but it has a single governing body and is marketed better

5. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    You need to get some humour - it will help with your comprehension.

What doesn't make sense is why someone spends as much time in the MMA forum when you hate the sport? :huh You do realise there is pretty much no legit posters left in the MMA forum to troll except Zakman? Pity he also hates the sport and is only here to boost the post count for the advertisers. :lol:

6. whytetittie

whytetittie Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2013
    I posted the TRUTH none of my friends care about UFC. UFC is not the sport of MMA.

7. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    More or less is though.

I have to laugh at people mentioning hugging and MMA in the same sentence. Same people are Wlad, Ward and Hopkins fans. :lol::lol:

8. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    Well, you have to develop a good marketing plan when your product - stripped of all the macho posturing and WWE-style trappings - is about as entertaining as watching paint dry!:yep

9. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    UFC ratings and PPV buy rates are sinking consistently.The fanboys and followers of the WWE are their only hope to keep this garbage in the news.

10. whytetittie

Oct 7, 2013
    last ufc ppv did 50k buys

11. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    Yeah UFC is circling the drain, about ready to go right down the shitter - where it belongs!:deal

12. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    last ufc card was a joke.......

13. sugarngold

sugarngold RIDDUM Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Just as with boxing if you learned more about submissions and grappling you would have a greater appreciation for the art.

It's like people that say Mayweather is boring because he doesn't brawl. Opinions vary but when the science and skill is there, the onus of beauty is on the beholder.

14. whytetittie

Oct 7, 2013
  15. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    let me guess, you got choked out after your right cross sailed over the top and therefore you forever hate MMA fighting??

well that's life kid :bbb

now get the **** out of here before I arm bar you to death :deal