My view on Mikey vs Loma has changed.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Dec 11, 2018.

1. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    " Pedraza is a master boxer"

"Pedraza's a great fighter"

" Easter barely beat Fortuna and Commey, and they're not very good, Pedraza could easily UD him"

"Mikey hasn’t fought anyone anywhere near the level of Linares or Pedraza at 135"

all in this very thread.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  2. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    you obviously know nothing about me...

3. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Lol come on man, this came from CST and me, two guys you are now arguing with. It's disingenuous to use that as an example.

4. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    ok. i will rephrase my earlier response then.

you, cst, and dealt_wiff, claim pedraza is a great win.

5. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Disagree. It will happen. After Spence kicks his ass where else does he have to go for a megafight? Loma. And, no, it won't be a hard fight to call. Loma will win his fight against Mikey easier than his fight was against Pedraza, as long as the fight is at 135 or 130. I'm amazed more people don't see that fight for what it was. It was all about Loma trying to get inside Pedraza's reach and doing it in such a way that didn't leave him exposed. So, it took rounds to wear Pedraza down before he felt he could effectively get inside without taking too much risk. If you watched closely you saw that Loma at times was actually choosing to stay in close and take a few from Pedraza in order to time him inside. That is why Loma looked more vulnerable than usual. Loma didn't have to go inside but he was only landing sporadically by timing him from the outside. He would have won the fight either way but Loma knew he had to get inside if he wanted to take out Pedraza. He almost did it in the last two rounds.

pincai and mirkofilipovic like this.
  6. Cafe

Sep 2, 2011
    I agree, and in my opinion, he was put into that kind of company far too quickly. A lot of people view Loma not in terms of what he's done but what their expectations are from him, which are usually inflated and not based on evidence. Pretty much from the offset, people decided he's gonna be great, this and that. Until you've done it, you haven't done it. Every fighter should start from a 0.

pincai, PistolPat and ellerbe like this.
  7. Aleks!

Aleks! Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Incellerbe and I go back a few years on here. He claims I am the worst human being he wver encountered despite having no convictions for anything let alone a vilent crime while he says Stevenson was too young to know better.

YES of course you are correct: It is just boxing but it runs deeper with Incellerbe and on occasion I take the bait.

Ph33rknot and mirkofilipovic like this.
  8. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I was obviously being hyperbolic Willis. I don't think you're the worst human being I've encountered. On here, definitely. You're just dangerous because a lot of morons on here follow you like a cult leader.

9. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i fully understand, i can go from zero to 100 in a flash when ive had my fill of someone. even here, when theres history. it just seemed extreme to me without knowing the background.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  10. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Just to let you know that's Kevni Willis lol.. If you don't know about Willis he's basically the leader of the alt-right on this forum.

Aleks! likes this.
  11. Cafe

Sep 2, 2011
    It's a good win, but I actually thought Mikey's win over Easter was good too. To be honest though, I think I'm kinda at fault here, I've been skim reading posts and picked up midway between your and CST's convo misinterpreting the argument. So yeah, my bad. Ignore what I said.

12. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i just saw your take on the fight in another thread, its a very solid analysis and i agreed with all of it. somehow we got crossed in the shootout.

13. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Imo Mikey's win over Easter is better than Pedraza. But Linares > Easter because of size. In terms of quality I think Linares is a little better but it would be a close fight.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  14. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
  15. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    **** you mirko.