New Heavy Bag

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Alex1990, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    LMAO. My man!! Your footage speaks for itself.

https://streamable.com/v8j4b

The fact that you think you think you hit like a super-heavyweight and believe that your footage is intimidating suggests that you are downright delusional (and gullible!). Tell us more about your 4-hour workouts and all the gloves and bags you've busted with your frightening power!

Pat M and JagOfTroy like this.
  2. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Wow, when I saw a link, I thought maybe you posted some footage of yourself.
    Of course not. Just more bullying other people.

Serious question:
    Are you too scared to set the camera down and record yourself?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Mr.DagoWop likes this.
  3. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Did you somehow forget that you flat out LIED about my comments on Rez's bag work? You said:

You got that? You are saying that I gave him "nothing but gushing praise". Here's what I actually said:

Yeah that sure is some gushing praise!!!(Sarcasm)

4. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    If you read the post I indicate how much he improved, combinations, power and pivoting. Rez does have raw power. Definitely more power than Galvatron.

I was definitely impressed by everything I mentioned. Don't see how that was gushing with praise. Do you want me to lie or something?

What exactly makes you think Galvatron hits hard? I honestly forgot I posted that btw.

reznick likes this.
  5. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Is this referring to Dago or mrkool?

6. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    mrkool

7. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Kevin, who is a pseudo-expert in boxing.
    He called Rocky Marciano's punch form "wrong."

Mind you,
    Why is he here talking down on people?
    No clue.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    opened this thread looking for ideas about a new heavy bag and what could have been helpful turned into the usual **** fight . what is wrong with you guys.........damn!

JagOfTroy likes this.
  9. JagOfTroy

JagOfTroy Jag Full Member

Jul 5, 2009
    What kinda ideas you thinking about for a new heavy bag? Think OP was originally a newbie trying to install a home gym. Don't remember, don't care.. but we can get something useful done still.

10. rhin0z>

Jul 13, 2014
    I think I want a aqua bag just because its less stress on joints and body in general. the thing i dont know is traditional shape, tear drop, or thai. which would be most useful?

My purpose is mainly fitness. I will use in my home .

11. JagOfTroy

Jul 5, 2009
    I used one of the smaller aqua bags before that's meant for accuracy, not heavy bag though. Don't think I noticed a difference in the stress from punching, just felt a bit weirder for the impact.

Most useful for fitness? Traditional. More reasonably priced. Plus it swings to keep you moving.
    The others are specialized bags for fighter application.

12. rhin0z>

Jul 13, 2014
    what size bag will give just the right amount of swing? a 40 pound bag will be overkill on swing I think. I guess 80 pound or 100 pound? Im sure i dont want excessive swing.

13. JagOfTroy

Jul 5, 2009
    Swing is preference and based on what your working.
    80s the standard iirc.

14. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Just for boxing or Muay Thai work?

My preference is Fairtex and a local brand here but that is all I know so I am probably biased. Two I like are the bowling pin bag and the basic heavy duty with the uppercut ring attachment. IMO once you have decided on style look for number of straps (some have three which I dislike) and stitching on the straps at eyeball level then check the material. Unfilled bags of course you can check the inside but IMO a pain in the ass to fill - did it once and swore never again.

Mounting the bag needs really careful consideration and checking to avoid injury and destroying your house / garage. Youtube is full of examples of trying to save a few bucks and hurting themselves or their kids.

15. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    It all depends on your size and punching power, but I've found that bags smaller than 100-lbs swing way too much for a home gym setup. Can you safely hang the bag from your ceiling (and how high is your ceiling)? If you are truly mainly just interested in it for fitness as opposed to skill development, you might also consider getting a very heavy free standing (floor) bag.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017