No way Is Crawford a top P4P fighter

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Lifestyle, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Lifestyle

Lifestyle True Member banned Full Member

Apr 15, 2019
    You can't put him in the same sentence as Lomachenko and Usyk, there's levels.

Crolla never landed a glove on Loma, even a total laughing stock bum like Khan landed a few on Crawford lol

2. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Crawford has done more than both fighters. He is P4P number 1.

yeyo monster and pacas like this.
  3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Lomachenko and Usyks resumes and quality of opponent are superior to Crawford.

Crawford has the skill set of a top 3 P4P but he doesnt have the resume. Arum needs to start putting him in tough fights (he's two best opponents have been Khan amd Postol).

christo, Ph33rknot, NationBox and 7 others like this.
  4. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Christ on a bike. Khan is a total laughing stock bum now? You cant debate with idiots. Im all up for a P4P Loma, Uysk, Crawford debate as much as the next man but if you want to call decent pro fighters like Khan a laughing stock bum which makes sure to give Bud Crawford not a shred of credit for what he does then whats the point. You wouldnt be debating fairly.

It seems it has got impossible for somebody to just give fighters credit. It seems now to give one fighter credit you have to **** on another one. Beating Khan last night makes no difference to how i see the top of the P4P rankings, bud doesnt rise or fall because of it. But to make a point about Loma you feel the need to **** on Bud and Khan. Give it a rest will you.

At this moment in time im struggling to split Loma and Bud at the top of P4P while also considering Uysk and Canelo and just waiting on Inoue to pop in there soon too. But you need to **** on Crawford to put Loma or Uysk number 1. You dont have to do that.

The Senator, h8me, pistal47 and 2 others like this.
  5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He hasn't done more than Usyk, or even Loma. Other than unifying what's Crawford done? His best wins are Gamboa and Postal, Loma's are Linares, Walters Russel and Rigondeaux. That completely trumps Crawford's, Usyk has unified a better division and has a much better résumé than both of them, Hunter, Gassiev, Huck, Bredis to name but a few

6. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I really rate Crawford, think he's the best at welter and will prove so if he can get the fights, but I still rate Loma and Usyk above him P4P. That's not a criticism of Crawford, it's just Loma and Uysk are that good.

7. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You can't cement or improve your P4P status by beating a guy that's known to be "glass chinned" with a blatant low blow that ends a fight ! ! Crawford is a protected fighter, Khan landed some good shots on him tonight, shots that a P4P #1 fighter shouldn't get hit with. Then out of nowhere he low blows a fighter and gets a TKO. That's not impressive, that kind of a win shouldn't move you up any lists, winning like that is BS.

8. Ukansodoff

Aug 7, 2010
    Protected from who?

Staminakills likes this.
  9. Pure Glass

Pure Glass Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    He's good, he's not THAT good. He kind of does everthing well, but nothing special. A steady fighter, hardly going to be an ATG. There's just nothing that makes him seem unique

Gatekeeper likes this.
  10. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Protected from criticism. After the fight he seemed to get nothing but praise, he got away with lying about the low blow (he said it wasn't low lmao) didn't get called out on it, then in the press conference he asks Khan if he quit lol. Meanwhile no one is holding his feet to the fire about how that whole sequence happened, his low blow that caused all that. If any other fighter won a fight by a blatant low blow like that they would never hear the end of it.

11. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    He's a very talented fighter, very good, but he's being marketed as the P4P best fighter in the sport. I mean every interview he was in leading up to this fight, the questions were centered around him being the best P4P fighter in the sport, and like does he care about that, etc etc etc. I don't even like how Bob Arum always compares him to Sugar Ray Leonard. Like it's overkill how hyped this guy gets. Bud is a great fighter but he's no SRL. And I don't mean like Better or worse he fights nothing like SRL that comparison makes no sense.

Staminakills and Badbot like this.
  12. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    This thread just proves that no matter how talented or succesful you are, they're will always be haters. Crawford is a great fighter.

13. Ukansodoff

Aug 7, 2010
    Oh ok, i thought you meant he was getting protected from other fighters in the division. It was a low blow it cant be denied and yes he could or should of been pressed on it alot harder than he was. But this is how it seems to be going with all these fighters being contracted direct to networks and after the fight that very same network is the one asking the questions, its all becoming too biased. A network is not going to go hard on a fighter who is aligned to that network. Everything in this sport these days is spin, bias opinion, fake news, partial news a some straight up lies. DAZN wont grill Canelo or Joshua hard on stuff that could make them look bad, ESPN wont do it to Bud, Showtime wouldnt do it to Wilder or a Charlo. You can also see it in the commentary. It was embarrassing having to listen to the SKY card last night, They talk more like fans than neutral stanced experts reporting on and breaking down the fight for us. And the same **** happens with the American cards too and im guessing its the same all over the world.

It just seems literally every word spoken, every opinion given is running to an agenda these days because everybody who is asked for their opinion or view is aligned to somebody and speaks with that in mind rather than just being honest.

oldcanvasback likes this.
  14. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I think we can pretty much say this: Both Crawford and Spence are good, world level fighters. Elite? Maybe. But nothing special. And Daniyar Yeleussinov will prove that by schooling both of them, preferably with one hand tied behind his back, one eye closed and hopping on one leg. Because let's be honest, we are hyping both Crawford and Spence way too much.

15. vnyc

vnyc Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2009
    No

oldcanvasback likes this.