Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Feb 21, 2019.

1. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Lights out for Beterbiev imo. If this fight somehow gets made... This is a terrible match up for stiff ass wolverine. I swear AB looks like Frankenstein getting dropped by club fighters TIMBER!!!
    This content is protected
    AB admires his work standing stiff he's gonna get his bell rung vs Gvozdyk he's got zero chance I'm betting the house on Nail. The problem is I'm gonna brt the day of the fight... With AB's track record I think he's gonna fight Pascal instead of Gvozdyk.

2. POTUS

Nov 26, 2016
    :eatingburger

3. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Hahaha bro....Gvozdyk has already been beaten by AB as an amateur.

This is part 2 of that ass whooping.

4. POTUS

Nov 26, 2016
    AB got KO'd in sparring or something. Something has changed over the years why has he been so protected. If he has such great AM experience I want him showcasing his skills.

5. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Except that Gvodzyk is levels above club fighter Johnson.

6. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Gvodzyk still looks a bit unrefined to me. He's lucky he was fighting an old Stevenson, otherwise he would have been KO'd. It's a good fight, and I look forward to it.

7. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    I agree he isn't the finished article, but still the second best h2h in the division behind Kovalev.

8. The Akbar One

Dec 1, 2007
    I disagree regarding head to head. Bivol has the best resume out of the three.

Gvodzyk has Stevenson that really lost to Jack, and Chilemba.
    Beterbiev has Campillo, and Cloud
    Bivol has, Pascal, Barrera, Smith Jr., and Chilemba.

9. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Well, at the same time it can be said that Stevenson's lucky he was fighting unrefined Gvozdyk, can't it? :wink:

CST80 and mirkofilipovic like this.
  10. The Akbar One

Dec 1, 2007
    Not really. Gvodzyk is 32, he is what he is at this point.

11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    With regard to "AB already beat Gvozdyk in the amateurs", "AB broke Gvozdyk's nose" stories...
    Gvozdyk's nose had been already broken before that fight (they either didn't know it, or decided to go on regardless). In the first round Beterbiev landed some punches, and the nose started to bleed. They weren't able to stop the blood, so Gvozdyk was pulled off.

Now Gvozdyk admits that he lost that fight, but he describes it with a smile on his face, actually. He's not emotionally traumatized by that experience or anything like that.

KiwiMan and CST80 like this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    When did Stevenson fight Chilemba?o_O

And at best the Jack match was a draw. No real feasible route to a 7-5 victory for Jack.

Dario Argento likes this.
  13. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    If he had gone in to pro boxing earlier he would have been 5 times better than Stevenson. The Gvoz that beat Stevenson was at most 2 times better, gvoz will get better as his career progresses, so technically he has the time to become BETTER than he was when he fought the Pimp.

CST80 likes this.
  14. The Akbar One

Dec 1, 2007
    I was saying that Chilemba and Stevenson were the only names on Gvodzyk's resume and Stevenson was fairly shot.

Giving Stevenson more than five rounds in that fight was impossible, the rounds were that clear last I watched it.

15. The Akbar One

Dec 1, 2007
    He didn't though. He is what he is. I agree he will get a little better, he does have some ability. He's not better than Bivol to me though. He's just taller.