Ortiz, Ruiz and Dillian Whyteleafe (and big josh)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    What even is a "top 10"? Breazeale, Molina, Martin and Takam sure as hell aren't top 10 wins.

How could Ruiz be classed as a top 10 win when he had beaten nobody and lost against Parker?

Dillian Whyte wasn't a top 10 boxer in 2015 and he was out of shape and injured, so what does that say?

Parker was top 10, but he is fairly useless, so what does that say?

Povetkin was old, is small and has never been a world champion, so how is that a big win? He had just been dropped against David Price.

Is 40 year old Pulev top 10? His best career wins are Chisora, Hughie Fury and ancient 43 year old Thompson.

The "deeper record (normally "résumé") crew" are seriously clutching at straws. I think the enormous hype and glossy Matchroom shows and big stadium fights reinforce the duping.

There's maybe 2 names there that are top 10 wins, possibly 3 if you are seriously desperate and want to stretch the definition. How does that overcome beating Wilder twice in America and dethroning Klitschko in Germany?

2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Exactly - plus the uncomfortable truth that Joshua has won all of his fights as the home fighter on a MR production with every single marginal advantage weighted in his favour.

Klitschko was a very good win for him and I really enjoyed the fight, but he didn't do it as the away fighter.

Jurgen, Gatekeeper, Safin and 3 others like this.
  3. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    A top 10 opponent is anyone Joshua and Whyte have ever beaten.

Inglis_1 and Terminator like this.
  4. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    parker / Whyteleafe / Ruiz / Joshua / takam / chisora etc. All have wins and losses against each other.

it’s a pretty straightforward point, ten wins against second tier fodder is not greater than one win against a wilder / USKY top tier guy in my book

maybe Martin wasn’t a great example as he picked fury’s belt out the bin and sold it to big Josh for a cool eight mill, but the basic point I raised remains a solid one

Inglis_1 likes this.
  5. Bondy365

Bondy365 Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    You're a pure internet troll ... Best you take some time away from the Internet I think

6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    An event with whoever you said up against each other is not without benefit, but to claim that each of them can beat each other on any given night is a falsehood. Chisora might be able to beat a Martin or Hunter, but he won't beat any of the others. There are far more worthy boxers fit for qualification for such an event than Chisora, who is crap, and Martin.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Klitschko and Joshua bout, but Joshua had to go life and death over an old and inactive Klitschko in Wembley after he had already been stopped 3 times by mediocre opponents and schooled by Fury in Germany, yet people hail the achievement as something special.

The bout itself may have been special, as a dramatic piece of sport, but it was not a special performance or achievement.

The funny thing is most of these casual fans who dismiss home advantage, are huge football fans - so they should know all about home advantage. Furthermore, it's much more pronounced in boxing due to the shenanigans with officiating and judging, in addition to ring size, canvas and glove matters. It's also not just home advantage over someone travelling from 2 hours on the bus. Boxers mostly travel from other countries and often continents. It's foolish to dismiss the advantage, and as you say marginal gains are imperative in sport. Look at the Tour de France where Marco Pantani used to chuck his sunglasses to the spectators in a climb to save 10g in weight.

7. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Chisora beat Whyteleafe first time out to most seasoned observers. Beat joey twelve parker recently to some, and gave a decent enough account of himself against BRUTHA USKY recently. It stands to reason Chisora would give Ortiz/ Ruiz/ povetkin /Joshua /breazeale absolute kittens, even this shot to pieces old version with a war cap on.

A green fury schooled a prime chisora twice ten years ago, further demonstrating the levels at play in the division right now.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  8. Wig

May 31, 2010
    You clearly have no idea what a pure internet troll is pal.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Bondy365

Bondy365 Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Tell me in what way Wilder is above AJ ... losing to the same opponent 3 times in a trilogy with Fury as home fighter makes him better than AJ how? I'd lose to Fury 3 times out of 3 if I fought him. Does that put me above AJ then?

He has 0 wins against a top fighter and 1 win against a level 2 fighter.

Martin and AJ in the same category?

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Should Wilder spark out Fury, what will be the forum reaction?

I tell ya in advance - 'both are bang average' and 'both grossly overrated' will be posted by many on here.

@Mitch87 is getting aroused waiting for it to happen.

Bondy365, Furious and Mitch87 like this.
  11. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I've been saying for a long while I haven't seen anything that suggest Fury is anywhere near the standard he was before his coke and eating binge

States Wilder hasn't prove anything in the ring against any decent fighters.

I'd love if I was optimistic about either after this fight fighting one of the more talented in the divison but I just don't see it.

Jurgen likes this.
  12. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Do you genuinely think, assuming Fury and Joshua both win, that an undisputed fight wouldn’t get made? It would be mad if it didn’t with that money on the line.

13. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018

I don't. Fury has stated he doesn't care who he fights anymore. One more fight after Wilder and his seen out his contract.
    I don't think Fury's management have confidence in Fury winning a fight against AJ hence the low quality of opposition since returning and turning down the chances to fight AJ.

Although thatbsaid its still a very slim Fury would fight AJ. Which is means there more chance of Fury fighting AJ than Wilder, so I hope Fury wins.

14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    How on earth did they turn it down? Fury had 2 fights left with Arum and rhey had signed up to 2 fights worth about 150m. Arum may not be confident but he would almost certainly want that money as im sure hes well in the red with Fury.

15. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Offered the fight and turned it down. 3rd time now Fury has turned down chance to fight AJ.