Pacman v Spence...can pac pull off the upset?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Skyver, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Not a fan of Spence by any means, but having said that I think he will definitely win this via a fairly comfortable UD.

Not sure Spence he will go looking for the KO as he is more of a 'get the job done' type of fighter now who tends to go into cruise control in fights he is winning but it's a step too far for Manny. Good on him for trying though and taking this fight instead of an easy pay day vs someone like Khan.

2. Uppercut king

Uppercut king New Member Full Member

Jul 16, 2021
    I’ve never been pacquiao’s biggest fan Iv always favoured Morales, Marquez, Cotto And Mayweather over him and I think Spence will spank Pacquiao but I’m not going to lie I’ll ****ing love it if he wins Manny Don’t give any ****s.

3. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
  4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It’s simply outrageous that Pacquiao at age 42 and 25 + years of wars, is involved in this fight.
    He is an absolute legend and probably the last of this breed, but I fear it’s all going to catch up to him, and he is likely to take a hiding against Spence.

I will need to watch it again, but from memory he was taking a lot of damage against Thurman in the second half, and looked beaten down, despite the clear victory.

EJC83 likes this.
  5. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Hope Manny wins.

6. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I imagine Spence will do his best to make it a none-contest. He’ll use his range early and force Manny to work extremely hard to get anything done, targeting his body. I think it’ll be close early, maybe 3-3 in rounds after 6, but Manny will have had to work a lot hard to win his rounds whilst Spence will just do enough. After that I think Spence will pick up the pace without taking any real risks and probably take an 8-4 type decision.

7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Manny is a lot better than Garcia. He has a good chance to squeeze out a sd for sure

8. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I've been rotating my Manny t-shirts for the last couple of weeks, what a beautiful thing it would be if he was to pull this off!

9. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Fan of both but think Spence will give him a similar beating as to what he did Mikey.