Pacquiao vs Rios Arum is a Genius

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Bazooka, May 6, 2013.

1. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    We will see this is a fight fans fight.. and you know it..

2. turbotime

turbotime Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    :lol: Christ sakes. Hate on playa

3. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Dude...I don't care what you believe, it's you sounding like a complete ass clown, so by all means carry on. Lol

4. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    In case you didnt know, I dont give a **** what I sound like to you...

5. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I'll watch it for sure, but That's not saying much, I love boxing and watch as many fights as I can.

6. Beenie

Beenie Evolve already! Full Member

Apr 12, 2008
    They ought to match Donaire against Chris John on the undercard and get a piece of that Thai market.

7. dodong

dodong >>PACQUIAO Full Member

Apr 14, 2007

high rollers in that region are the targets and not rios fans. arum is trying to establish a new venue where he could make big fights.

revenue from the rights to televise the fight in each region in china/asia would be huge. if pac catches a following in china, he could do a floyd and fight softies after softies make a lot of money that would make floyd jelly.

8. darryl1914

darryl1914 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 14, 2009
    People always thought that FMJ would be the one to EXPOSED Manny Pacquaio. Well it seams that Team Pacquaio (and Bob Arum) are doing a fine job all by themselves. Catchweights, robbing JMM in the 3rd fight, getting KTFO versus JMM is their 4th fight, trying to make another fight versus the same lightweight for the 3rd time since becoming a legit WW. Pacquaio since bursting onto the "mainstream" scene has fought 3 fighters coming off loses and none of them held a belt (Clottey, Margarito and Mosley...and if you want, you can add an old, beaten, washed up De La Hoya). So if this is not enough, what does Team Pacquaio try to sell to boxing fans....a fight versus another fighter who holds NO BELT AND COMING OFF A LOSS, AND IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, A 140LBS FIGHTER. And this is the muthafuka' that some posters call an ATG?

9. Beenie

Beenie Evolve already! Full Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Margarito had a comeback fight after returning from suspension and was victorious prior to facing Pac.

Clottey lost to Cotto but many thought he won.

Not to mention that both dwarfed Pac who was more of a natural lightweight/JWW when fighting them.

10. JASPER

JASPER Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2007
    yeah, like SSM, Oscar and Cotto right:patsch

11. JASPER

JASPER Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2007
    This is a smart move and could open up a huge untapped market. I only wish it was not that slimy ******* uncle Bob doing it

12. dodong

dodong >>PACQUIAO Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    shane and cotto were like 4-5 years too late, then ortiz and querrero.

13. lv lurker

lv lurker fly on the wall Full Member

Mar 15, 2008
    You underestimate the spreading power of La Raza. I found em all over the East coast, Far Northern States, Hawaii, and even in South Korea!

Really though, should be a solid fight with a decent buy rate. Arum making himself even richer like he expects to take his $ to the afterlife.

14. FloydPatterson

FloydPatterson Boxing Addict banned

Apr 6, 2012
  15. bballchump11

bballchump11 2011 Poster of the Year Full Member

Oct 27, 2010
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-boxnumbers092509

After months of being pummeled by suggestions that boxing is dying, Floyd Mayweather Jr. gave his sport a big boost on Friday by delivering a higher-than-expected pay-per-view result for his Sept. 19 fight in Las Vegas with Juan Manuel Marquez.
    HBO released figures showing that Mayweather’s one-sided victory over Marquez following a 21-month absence sold 1 million on pay-per-views and accounted for $52 million in pay-per-view revenue.
    This content is protected
    which Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer said were at about 80 percent capacity.