Pacquiao vs Spence

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Aug 13, 2019.

Who wins and how?

1. Pacquiao UD

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Pacquiao KO/TKO

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Spence UD

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  4. Spence KO/TKO

20 vote(s)
    32.8%
  5. Draw

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    All I hear is excuses. Broner was always about that lifestyle. And quit trying to be teddy atlas with all that psychology bs. A fighter is a fighter, fighters lost, most of the time it just makes the better.

Losing to maidana is not the reason broner subsequently lost to porter, Mikey and Pac. All 3 would have beaten him at any point in time and Pac would have stopped broner had he fought him the way he fought maidana, fact, Pac hurt him soon as broner opened up. And all 3 would have stopped maidana.

Maidana just lost to khan for ffs.

Broner nearly damm well lost to PDL before all that so him having tough fights with Vargas and Granados don’t mean ****. Also as I said, fighters get up for their biggest fights.

You think buster douglas was to david bey who took his soul instead of against Mike Tyson the biggest fight of his life? Lol.

Pseudo analyst been drinking too much teddy atlas look-aid to see simple common sense.

This content is protected

Bofo24 likes this.
  2. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Not really. Broner underestimated Maidana, but was locked in against Pacquiao. And Broner beat the **** out of Maidana in the last round. Maidana was very badly hurt, but Pacquiao won every second of every round against Broner.

Bofo24 likes this.
  3. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Mikey Garcia is slower than Pacquiao. I don't think you can compare mikey and Pacquiao. Mikey hasn't fought at 147. His first fight at 147. He came in looking fat and slow and jumped straight to the deep end with one of the biggest welter weight today in Errol Spence. I mean Pacquiao is a proven 147 even at this advanced age than Mikey was ever was.

Spence is a big welterweight but i get this overrated aura around him. I was impressed with his performance against MG but you forget Mikey is not a 147 boxer. Some fighters just can't make that jump up in weight and compete at the highest level and be competitive. There's weight class for a reason. Mikey should stay in his lane.

Pacquiao has been at this weight class for years. And is competitive because of his speed and power. All right he hasn't fought the biggest welter weight in Spence. Maybe he beats Pacquiao. But i don't think it will be easy at all. Pacquiao speed gives every one problems.

Bofo24 likes this.
  4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Says the guy who thinks that a undefeated on top of the world Broner was not as good as the Broner that Pac faced years later who had his 0 and soul taken in embarrassing fashion in a huge upset. Stop!

Broner in his last 6 fights coming into the Pac fight was 3-2-1 that's not good. Just concede the point and move on because you lost this round 10-7.

By your logic every fighter that fought PBF post Oscar should have been at their absolute best and the best version of themselves after all PBF was the PPV king and face of the sport and they got up for him like no one else before. If that's the case PBF's ranking on your list should be alot higher, way beyond Pac's. Since he faced and beat the best versions of all of those fighters.:deal:

5. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    You’re pretty slow.

As I said, broner is not damaged or old therefore it’s a given he would be his best for his biggest fight. You’re an idiot to think one loss causes a fighter to decline.

Took his “soul”, wtf is this “soul” you even speak of? Let’s not get religious now. You’re talking like teddy atlas, loads of hocus pocus not grounded in facts.

Yes a prime, Young, I damaged broner is going to be his best for the biggest fight of his life instead of against a maidana who just lost to khan. Just as buster douglas was at his best vs Tyson. Hatton was at his best vs tyszu. Rahman vs Lewis.

When fighters get an opportunity of a lifetime, that they never quite had like before, provided they’re not old or damaged goods, then it’s only logical they will be at their best.

It’s the context which you fail to understand.

Will odlh, Mosley, cotto, Canelo be at their best for floyd? He’ll no, sure they get up for that fight but except for Canelo those guys had mega fights before, Floyd was nothing new, they were no Rahman, broner or Douglas. And they were old or green. Is broner old or green?

Baldomir, guerrero, Ortiz? Clearly those guys got up for the fight like they never did before and probably turned up their best for a fight with Floyd.

I don’t think you understand these little nuances, bit too advanced of critical thinking skills for you.

Bofo24 and lobk like this.
  6. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Pacquiao does well for about the first four rounds, but the combination of Spence finding the range, Pacquiao slowing down, and Spence's relentless pressure and well-placed bodyshots would wear him down. Spence either takes control of the fight and wins a clear decision with Pacquiao busted up, or Spence stops him in the later rounds. Could see Pacquiao going down from a body shot or Freddie and Buboy throwing in the towel like Barrera's corner did against Pacquiao.

Changing of the guard fight at welterweight. Pacquiao is a really good in spurts kind of guy now (a far cry from his prime version) and you don't want to be a guy who takes several rounds off to recharge against somebody as physically imposing as Spence. Honestly, I don't think Pacquiao fares too well against strong pressure fighters now - Horn was dirty as hell, but you saw the physicality getting to him at various times.

It's like 40+ B-Hop in a sense. Still great against certain styles, but clear vulnerabilities against others that likely wouldn't pose nearly as much of an issue during his younger, more dynamic/vibrant days.

Pimp C likes this.
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    You're pretty full of **** and now you're trying to change your tune after i destroyed you in your previous post. You know damn well that broner has been seen as a joke for years and written off. Even when the pac fight was announced people thought it was a joke and 95% of the people said pac would school him. Why? Because he was already beaten and exposed. Now all of a sudden nuthuggers like you want to make it out to be some great win so you can try and prop pac up.

Thurman was a good win broner at this point isn't. I see you working here and see right through your agenda you're not fooling anyone here. Yes pac would have always beaten any version of broner but the version of broner pac beat was the worst version and not better than the version maidana beat. So stop trying to give your god more credit than he deserves for beating a checked out broner because it was not a good win and a pointless fight. Broner didn't get up for **** he talked **** to try and sell a fight he's checked out.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Spence beats him up and wins by UD or late stoppage.

9. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    spence stops pac, mikey outpoints him. you will see this post again.

10. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Side note, I think the elephant in the room is Pacquiao's age and mileage. He's been in a bit of a holding pattern form-wise for a while now where he's made up for his declining athleticism with more technical skill and an underrated boxing brain, but some cracks in his stamina/ability to sustain his offensive attack are really becoming obvious now. Plus Thurman marked him up a decent amount, which at nearly 41 had to have taken a bit out of him. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see a sharp decline here soon. Happens to all of the greats, which is why I'd rather see him get out now than compete as a complete unrecognizable shell of himself.

JediPimp007 likes this.
  11. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    So you're saying that the notorious body puncher Spence should have put him away, but couldn't... yet the smaller Pacman who's not known at all for his body punching would have folder Mikey like a lawn chair? Talk about exposing yourself as a casual fan...

12. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Mikey was ripping flush shots to Broner's body to zero effect. Broner hurt Mikey to the body in the 12th round with Mikey looking visibly hurt. Spence hit Mikey to the body multiple times over 12 rounds and Mikey never looked hurt.

Danny and Porter nailed Thurman to the body to zero effect.

Pacquiao nailed a 165 pound Margarito to the body and had him dipping at the waist into an uppercut that broke his orbital bone.

Pacquiao made Rios do a weird dip after a body shot.

Pacquiao badly hurt Broner to the body and had him literally running and clinching for survival.

Pacquiao almost killed Thurman with the body shot in the tenth round. Thurman was wincing in pain and even took his mouthpiece out to breath.

Spence has a focused body attack and goes there consistently. Pacquiao doesn't consistently go to the body, but his body punches are clearly harder and he would have stopped Mikey.

Bofo24 likes this.
  13. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    So now Broner hits harder than Spence?

(Sorry I stopped reading after that on the basis you have no idea what you're talking about)

14. this_and_that

this_and_that Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    C'mon guys, let's see Spence vs Porter first, that'll tell us a lot about Spence's caliber.
    Porter is going to be the first legit WW that he'll face in years, so let's see how that plays out first.

I'm again favoring Spence here, but I've already eaten my words when Pac schooled Thurman, so right now IDK.

Bofo24 likes this.
  15. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Holy hell you're dumb. Yeah, let's never interact again.

Bofo24 likes this.