Poll - Clear and obvious staged fight and dive.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 305th, Nov 2, 2019.

Did Kovalev take a dive?

1. Yes

103 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. No

170 vote(s)
    62.3%
  1. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Kovalev has always had problems with Fitness in the closing stages of fights....and at 36 he was Ripe for the picking...no excuses Canelo to strong.!!!

2. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I couldn't care less about either of them tbh, check my past posts if you can be arsed. I picked Saul on points.

POTUS, S.K and OvidsExile like this.
  3. iamtheman

iamtheman Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2010
    The KO looked genuine, I seriously can't see how that was faked, which is what makes me doubt a fix. If a fix was in, why not go to the cards? By the time of the KO they only had two more rounds to go. Would Kovalev really have agreed with a script synopsis of: "fight one armed, use zero power, and let Canelo take your head off".

I'd imagine his coaching team had this very specific game plan in mind to box patiently and wait for an opening, but Canelo's speedy counter attack made him too tentative to throw the power punch.

Ph33rknot and DirtyDan like this.
  4. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Half the poll says so, twat.

5. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Im a huge fan of both, equally. That was clearly a dive.

jamessss2018, OvidsExile and 305th like this.
  6. boxerfan13

boxerfan13 Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Kovalev got blasted what the hell is anyone who voted a dive talking about? How can you fake being damn near unconscious SMH

7. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Because a "spectacular" highlight reel KO makes more money.

POTUS and lordlosh like this.
  8. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Were they diving into pools or sumthin tssss I shared that joke with my nanna

9. iamtheman

iamtheman Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Their money was already made, the KO doesn't change that. Canelo makes loads without knocking guys out. It makes no difference.

I can't fathom a boxer agreeing to be knocked out. That's insane. You could potentially even fake a bunch of knockdowns to make the fight dramatic. But a KO? Nah man.

VBOX likes this.
  10. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Not necessarily a dive, but he was sparring Canelo before he got caught.
    Looked happy to loose and pick up the check

11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Holding back power shots? He just doesn’t have stamina to throw them anymore. McGirt changed Kovalev’s style of fighting because of that.

The commentators declaring a KO within a split second? The way Kovalev was falling my first thought was “oh, it’s over”.

Also, Kovalev used softer Reyes gloves instead of his own Krusher gloves. He uses Reyes only for important fights (used it against Ward, but his own gloves vs. Chilemba and Yarde). So, Kovalev intended to hurt Canelo, it’s just that his power is gone now, and Canelo has a great chin.

The deep “offness” could be just a simple fact that Kovalev has become completely different. His body and mind both changed.

12. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Of course it makes a difference. Boxing is entertainment first and foremost. Canelo constantly winning on points makes less money than a Canelo who gets KO's. It's Boxing 101.

POTUS likes this.
  13. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Yeah well half the pollsters disagree with you. That was a clear and obvious dive and if you can't or won't see it you're a moron.

OvidsExile likes this.
  14. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    It’s all over social media people screaming it was a dive. That ko looked real to me. Lot of these fights are not dives in terms of “hey you go down in this round” but these fights are clearly stacked in the draws “moneymaker, A side” whatever you want to call it, favor. Let’s be real Canelo is on steroids he’s already failed two tests and just jumped two divisions with 0 fat, he looked more pudgy when he rehydrated for Floyd. They all do it Floyd, pac, etc it’s how it works they juice, they play weight games and the guy who isn’t the draw often has to overcome terrible judging, being clean, and either dropping weight or can’t rehydrate etc.
    Lot of things go into these fight that must be factored. When you get to elite level of fighting it takes only so much to give one guy the significant edge.

15. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016