Potential massive fight April 14th

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nicksp1976, Jan 17, 2018.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    the 14 April is meant to be Hooker vs Turbo and BJS on the same card for Frank. Looks the ideal card for Tyson to come back.

2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    No Warren called that off as he knew going up against AJ was pointless. He didn't do it thinking of the fans lol

Didn't say I was happy. I would rather have cards not clashing but I understand how it can happen.

moog likes this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Audley Harrison is making a comeback.

4. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Frank needs to pull him out the bag for this one if he’s going up against Hearn.

I wonder if either or both will be PPV?

5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Looks to me that Degale v Truax 2 will be on this card. James
    Seems confident on Twitter that he has the rematch in the very near future and understandably I doubt Hearn will be prepared to pay for it.

If this is the case then it’s definately going to be a PPV to cover the costs.

6. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Looks like this might be Crolla v Campbell after listening to Hearn being interviewed today.

Bensub and N17 like this.
  7. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    I would rather see Campbell Vs Mendy rematch instead of a typical mstchroom in House Fight because it will be cheap his done a terrible job with Campbell imo

8. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    100% right! As if Fish Eyes would give a toss if the shoe was on the other foot. Love watching him getting some of his own medicine back. Hearn really looks like he’s pushing to another level and Warren looks lost in trying to catch him. Well done Hearn for stepping your game up as it’s good for the fans.

moog likes this.
  9. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Not wishing to be or appear to be a Hearn fan but Frank Warren has a long history of putting together one sided match ups ! Surely BT must be wondering what value is being added by screening his shows ?

10. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    So since the BT deal started in April frank has done some of the following-

Smith - Williams 1&2
    Degale - Truax (massive upset)
    Saunders - Lemieux/Monroe
    Frampton - Garcia
    Gervonta Davis - Walsh

All very good fights and cards . The Frampton and Degale shows in particular drew massive numbers.

Coming up so far he’s got the following lined up -

Frampton - Donaire
    selby - Warrington

The only poor match making so far on paper is the upcoming copperbox Card.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    dryzer and Potwash like this.
  11. Scyson

Oct 14, 2017
    Smith Williams 1 was undercard to an underwhelming turbo vs Peter peter.

Degale Truax had the same **** template undercard as most of Franks shows. Dubois v a bum, Yarde v a bum, Pigford v a bum, Sharpe v a bum.

So did BJS vs Monroe. (Which was a terrible fight by the way)

So did Davis - Walsh.

So has the unwatchables.

No doubt Selby Warrington will too.

So I don’t know how you can say very good cards and fights?

Beez likes this.
  12. Scyson

Oct 14, 2017
    If Hearn can out sell Tyson Fury (potentially), Flanagan, BJS, Degale on one card with Campbell and Crolla then Frank is more ****ed than we realised. He may as well turn it in.

(I’m not saying he will outsell)

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Didn't Mendy already turn down a rematch vs Campbell?

I think they have a good job with Campbell since the Mendy loss.

The Linares loss didn't hurt Campbell at all.

14. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Hearn has done a great job so far and he is trying to push forward every time. He has announced a big announcement next week so wondering what that might be.
    Is he going to announce Brook v Khan finally for the summer or is it something even more surprising like he has signed Tyson Fury. Who knows, but at least he is trying to get the big fighters have big fights which is only going to be a positive for us boxing fans.

15. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    I was responding directly to another posters claim that franks only been putting on 1 sided fights which are no value to BT which is nonsense.

By that list I was referring to the fights on paper, Regardless of how the fights turned out, surely your not trying to suggest that you where not interested in seeing fighters like
    Gervonta Davis Fighting Over here? Or that on paper Saunders v Monroe wasn’t likely to be a competitive fight especially after Billy previous poor performance?

As for Degale - Truax and the card most panned it as going to be pathetic when it turned out the main event was dramatic, selby went 12 in a competitive fight,Yarde had a step up and Dubious had the expected Squash match which the public are expecting to see from a touted young heavy...that event draw massive numbers for BT and it was non PPV- only somebody unreasonable can knock that.