Price v Hammer Feb 4th

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by liger1992, Jan 8, 2017.

1. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    David Price will take on Christian Hammer next month on the undercard of Chris Eubank Jr's latest fight.

The Liverpool heavyweight has been added to the February 4 bill at London's Olympia, where Eubank Jr will meet Renold Quinlan in the main super-middleweight event.

Price's opponent is a Germany-based Romanian who counts Britons Michael Sprott and Danny Williams among his 20 victims.

His last trip to the United Kingdom ended in defeat in February 2015, though, as he lost all eight rounds to Tyson Fury before failing to come out for the ninth.

Hammer's most recent win came in October against Erkan Teper, the German who beat Price in the summer of 2015 before subsequently failing a drug test.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ndon-bill?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

2. Distrikt45

Distrikt45 New Member Full Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Now starting to understand why ITV may want some PPV money from CEJ fight if they putting such top class fights on the undercard... :banana:

3. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Actually not a bad fight- if Price knocks out Hammer then he is back in the mix.

Has this been confirmed for ITV4?

Price is back likes this.
  4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Wtf this is actually a solid fight, fair play to the Liverpool plumber.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. big_daddy

big_daddy Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Hope this is on itv4. Pretty sad this fight is miles better than the main event

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    Price will KO hammer and then ko parker deal with it haters.

7. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    Is that you in the pic ?

8. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Good lord, Price is getting done-ski! He's facing the guy who BEAT Teper!
    This is either going to surely be the end of Price as a contender or a massive fix and a nice back-hander for Hammer.
    Either Hammer actually boxes and throws meaningful punches at Price's head, in which case he'll win by KO, or he allows himself to be jabbed/mauled for 8/10 rounds and dives/loses by decision.

Joke shop.

9. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Yeah hopefully the bookies make Price favourite here. Go big on Hammer and hedge on Price early KO.

Plumber Pricey will probably lose and insist that Hammer must be on drugs since he beat the big steroid Kebab boy himself.

10. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I actually think Pricey's power is massively over-rated. Who has he proved his real power against?
    He got a KD against TT........is that supposed to be proof of prodigious power? Audley?
    I'd stay away from betting on this one, if it's a fair fight Hammer sparks him no prob.

11. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Am still going price k.o

12. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    F.ucking come on Pricey lad. Good step up. Do it big man!

13. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I've been a big Price critic and borderline troll on here but if he takes out Hammer fair and square then I'll give him respect. It's a good win.

Having said that I hope he would not regard a win over Hammer as earning him a world title shot against Joshua. If he beats Hammer he should take on Ortiz with confidence. (Ortiz will spark him though).

14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hammer knocks Price out worse than Teper did. It will not be a grazing shot that scuffs the side of his head and makes him go down like he has been hit flush...It will be flush and he will go down heavily...

Hammer is far more accurate with his punches than Teper is and better technically. This is going to be a retirement fight for Price.

I fear for Price as I think he should have retired after Teper.

15. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Good fight for Price to put his name back in the mix if he can get a convincing win, I'm not Price's biggest fan but I still give him a punches chance against most of the heavyweights because of his power. So maybe he will get Parker next.