Prime GGG vs Prime Canelo @160

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sasquatch, Jun 25, 2020.

Fight Prediction:

Poll closed Mar 22, 2023.
  1. GGG via Decision

50 vote(s)
    56.2%
  2. Canelo via Decision

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. GGG via Knockout

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  4. Canelo via Knockout

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Actually I really do. I already knew that GGG was special,and I can see that Canelo improved alot since moving up to 160lbs. I thought that might happen because I knew Canelo was killing himself to make 154lbs. So when Canelo went up to 164 lbs and fought Chavez jr, I thought Canelo carried the weight very well and performed well. So in my opinion Canelo raised his game since coming up creating a genuine rivalry of great middleweights. Its a shame that some people turn around and say that GGG was over rated now. Canelo's ability to take a punch is ridiculous as well.Canelo did how ever get busted using a ped, so that part is on him.

BobD99 and Puroresu_Fan like this.
  2. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Prime GGG easily

BobD99 and BCS8 like this.
  3. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    The writing was on the wall before they ever fought.The powers that be weren't going to let Canelo to lose. The blue print was Ward vs Kovalev. That was a test run. They used the same strategy to take down GGG and raise Canelo up. Then Canelo's shameless supporters are arrogant and dishonest,but that's ok, it's the new normal. Golovkin fans now know the lowness of Canelo fans and expect nothing less than them. Only a KO will get GGG the win.No other chance.

BobD99, BCS8 and C.J. like this.
  4. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    You and Shadow both live in your own little twilight zone.

C.J. likes this.
  5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    This is why Canelo refused to fight GGG in MSG when offered. At least GGG "might" get a fair crack of the whip there he'll NEVER get one in Vegas & everyone knows it. How people can STILL support these PROVEN juicers with corrupt judges defeats me ? WE ALL know whats going on in boxing
    but still support the corruption. $$$$$$$ & corruption have ruined the sport

BobD99 and BoxingIntegrity119715 like this.
  6. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    The fact he supports, even worships a PROVEN juicer & receiver of " special favors" make his opinion obsolete to me

7. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    i think Canelo did beat a prime version of GGG. 3G doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on him. people say he looked better when he was younger but his competition was not very good. besides, most on this board picked 3G by KO, when that didn't happen the excuses came out

Puroresu_Fan and dinovelvet like this.
  8. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    My gut instinct is to say GGG by decision. Can't really see a scenario where Canelo beats a prime G. That said, I'm tempted to say GGG gets the late round KO over Canelo.

People forget that GGG in his prime had a much better engine than he does now or when he fought Canelo. A prime GGG is also a better technician than Canelo. And Canelo is known to gas out and fade out late. I doubt GGG knocks him clean out (unless it's a liver shot), but I suspect that late towards the fights end he ups the workrate against a tired and defeated Canelo and really starts to land some nasty punches forcing the stoppage.

BobD99, Sasquatch and BCS8 like this.
  9. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Canelo :pipiGGG Canelo is a PROVEN peds cheat MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

10. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    what was your pick before the first fight? 3G by KO no doubt. these excuses of 3G being past prime only started after the fight

dinovelvet likes this.
  11. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    GGG was absolutely in his prime when he fought Jacobs. If Jacobs could run him that close , then so would Canelo. Jacobds would have got a draw or a win without that drop. Golovkin never came close to staggering , let alone dropping Canelo over 24 rounds.

What happened to Golovkin is he got a wake-up call when Kell Brook lifted him off the canvas with an uppercut. He realised he could not attack higher lever guys in a gung-ho , Mexican style street fight. It has nothing to do with being past prime , he was still plenty prime.

The looping round houses were thrown again when he fought Vanes and Rolls. He was just smart enough to know Canelo would punish him with counters if he over extended his shots.
    But those punches were his bread and butter , so without them Canelo would always have a good chance to out-box him.

12. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Actually I was on here calling Canelo a coward for vacating his belt and ducking a prime GGG....

Reinhardt likes this.
  13. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Considering GGG's shot great grandmother's favorite skirt beat prime Canelo twice, I'll go with prime Canelo by Unanimously Paid Off Judges.

14. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

35 ain't no where near prime in the middleweight division

tinman, BCS8 and POTUS like this.
  15. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    It's tough SD either way or Draw. These guys are the top. Remember Canelo would Thrash Daniel Geale eventually too. Canelp beats all Gg's opponents