Prime: Vitali Klitschko . Vs. George Foreman

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by la-califa, Apr 24, 2010.

1. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Battle of the big men. could Vitali handle Foreman's artillery! Vitali's jab disrupt George's rythum? Great battle.

2. AnthonyJ74

AnthonyJ74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Tough fight to pick. Foreman ain't steamrolling through Vitali like he did to Frazier or Norton, and Vitali ain't having an easy time with Foreman like he did with Arreola or Peter. I think Vitali's size, reach, awkwardness and durability would pose big problems for Foreman. But Foreman's power and aggressiveness would cause Vitali concern. I see a sloppy fight unfolding, much like Lewis' fight with Klitschko. I might lean towards Vitali taking a decision victory, but a Foreman KO isn't totally out of the question. Either way, I think the fight would be ugly, marked by a lot of mauling, grabbing, and wild shots.

3. Brummy1976

Brummy1976 Guest

Vitali makes george look quite small realistically. Georges power would be negated by vitalis lean back style, and even if foreman connects vitali maybe able to take them quite easily. Late tko after 7 for vitali

4. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    If anyone's going to crack Vitali's chin, it's George..
    I like George's aggression and power over Vitali's reach and jab. And George could cut off the ring very well. I think George will TKO Vitali. possibly on cuts.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    The best two boxers Foreman faced was a mid 1970's Ali, and Jimmy Young. He did not win either match. Vitali would out box Foreman, and has the power to stop him late.

6. Muchmoore

Muchmoore Guest

The best two fighters Vitali faced was Lennox Lewis and Chris Byrd. He did not win either one.

7. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Foreman easily.

Vitali doesn't have the jab to be able to compete with Foreman, nor the movement to pick his shots and get in and out without walking onto something.

8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    So I suppose you assume a cut or an injury is an automatic in a fantasy match? They are relatively rare events.

The way I see it is despite a bad cut, and a torn up shoulder, Vitali was ahead until vs two very good boxers. If not for a cut, or a fluke shoulder tear, he certainly wins one of the two matches...perhaps both.

In additon Vitlai took both fights on less than 2 weeks notice.

Vitali has only had one bad cut his entire career. Besides, Foreman was not the type of fighter who created cuts.

9. DLSC

DLSC Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 20, 2009
    If Foreman doesn't fight a stupid fight like he did against Ali, then he'll beat Vitaly.

10. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Yeah, you need to be a real slick boxer like Young, or a master like Ali to beat foreman.
    I just don't think Vitali has either of those attributes.

11. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Foreman TKO 2 Vitali.

12. Muchmoore

Muchmoore Guest

And Vitali Klitschko isn't the type of fighter to pull an Ali or Jimmy Young.

Honestly, Ali and Jimmy Young are so different from Vitali. I can see using the Lyle fight, but Jimmy Young? What does that prove :lol:? And Ali is probably the best HW to ever step in the ring, man Foreman must be terrible to lose to him.

13. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    1. Since when was Jimmy Young a better boxer than Ken Norton? Norton outboxed Young for a decision in WBC eliminator in 1977.

2. Your logic is horrible. The two best boxers Vitali faced was a 37 year old out of shape Lennox Lewis, and Chris Byrd. He did not win either match.

14. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I would want my money on Foreman here despite the fact that I have more doubts about him than most.

This is one fight where I see the Klitschko gameplan breaking down.

Foreman would sucker Vitally, in sort of the same way that Max Baer did to Primo Carnera. Vitally would hake the mistake of thinking that Foreman was a crude roundhousing fool, and then he would walk into a big straight counter.

After that he is where he was when Corie Sanders backed him up but this time he is against George Foreman. Now the fight turns into a slugfest.

It would be fun while it lasted.

15. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Foreman is great, as is V.K., but Foreman would have to be on top of his game in this proposed dream-fight......

Foreman prolly has better strength and power, but its very close........

Klit has better legs and leg speed........

Both have damn good jabs.......

Foreman would be punching up. He is not used to that....... Forget the 'Cooney' blow-out......... Cooney ain't no Vitali Klit........

Too close for me to call........ Plus, I favor both dude's.......

MR.BILL