Quigg vs Frampton - MAKE YOUR PICK

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dan684, Oct 22, 2011.

1. badlefthook84

badlefthook84 Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Just seen that they are both fighting a week apart. Frampton on January 28th and Quigg on February 4th. It's clear that sky are making a big push to make this happen sometime next year, they clearly had a big influence in the scheduling of these 2 fights. A week apart, they wanna keep it fresh in the peoples heads. Not too sure McGuigan and Hatton are as keen as Sky but i hope it happens soon. Hate this whole oh let it simmer until they are both world champions shite. Yeah like an irishman and an englishman are going to simultenously be world champions in a division dominated historically by mexicans and asian fighters. Big ******* of a fight for the British and Commonwealth titles nest summer hopefully. A loss will do neither of them any harm. If they are good enough they will come again.

2. Dan684

Dan684 Dave's Stepdad Full Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Bump - Still 50/50 :good

3. roe

roe Guest

Last night didn't change my mind. Still going for Quinn.

4. Bryn

Bryn Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 22, 2011
    :deal Damn right.

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    It's the stylist versus the brutalist. Skill vs will. Frampton is classy but Quigg is ballsy. I want to see who can enforce their style.

6. BoxingAnalyst

BoxingAnalyst Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 24, 2011
  7. dftaylor

dftaylor Writer, fanatic Full Member

May 7, 2010
    There's not much between them right now, so it's a tight points win for Frampton for me. Anyone expecting a slaughter on either side will be disappointed.

8. SkillspayBills

SkillspayBills Mandanda Running E-Pen Full Member

Oct 3, 2011
    ^^ Your right i watched Quigg vs Booth this evening and as much as it was a great result and sensible plan i saw parts of his game that Frampton can take advantage of.

It's a more even fight then some say and some of Quigg's people like us to think.

9. BoxingAnalyst

BoxingAnalyst Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 24, 2011
    Quigg seemed open to the left hook against Booth, Frampton has a good un aswell.

10. SkillspayBills

Oct 3, 2011
    Yep that's a good shout BA.

What i saw, may make a thread on this something like 'Quigg vs Frampton Techinical/Tactical Breakdown' soon.

Quigg performed well but he does a few things that play into Frampton's hands

-Watch for Quigg when he's in full guard, he often has a habit of dipping the hands and bringing them up. Now against good fighters they will time it and they will see it from early and throw feints downstairs and upstairs and plant shots to area exposed.

-Watch Quiggs shoulders, He fights with toes pointing towards opponent but he doesn't fight side on with upperbody he squares up. As you say BA that Left hook is there and Booth landed to body at times. His habit of dipping and upping gloves will leave him open to shots to ribs. Frampton punches hard and pays in full to body!

-Quigg often shows you his punches, you can see them coming. He works well to body because it's a bigger target and Booth fought the only gameplan he felt safest in which was on backfoot near ropes. I expect Frampton to fight this fight centre ring and at range. Watch round one there's some lovely camera work above ring and tonight i found myself ducking as Quigg throws his shots :lol:.

Quigg is a good fighter but there's parts of his game that i think need work on .

11. DOM5153

DOM5153 They Cannot Run Forever Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I honestly dont think Quigg and Gal are a good match, time will tell i suppose but i hope Quigg doesnt start giving away his height at the weight in future bouts like he was doing against Booth, might just be that he had no fear of what Booth could throw in return, however the last thing i want to see is Quigg fighting like Murray.

12. SkillspayBills

Oct 3, 2011
    Good point, i be honest on second viewing i wasn't as impressed as i first was. I liked how patient he was and some old school tricks thrown in. It wasn't easy fighting with pillows but i felt his work was a tad predictable and Booth played into his hands and had nothing to offer in the fight.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with Arthur i expect a win but we want a statement and this is a far physical match up and Arthur is dogged.

13. jordan1

jordan1 Juan Lopez #1 Full Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Quigg would be to much for him know.

14. BURNLEYBLUE

BURNLEYBLUE Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Quigg a very good, strong fighter,but absolutly made to measure for Frampton. See it as quite an easy nights work for Carl

15. Fightfan1912

Fightfan1912 Active Member Full Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Frampton hasnt got a punch. On paper it looks good but most of them were premature stoppages.

I'm from Northern Ireland and so i obviously want Frampton to win. I am however also a Boxing fan and so if i'm honest at this stage i have to say Quigg.

Frampton is a great wee boxer but all this talk from him and Barry about "being able to bang with either hand" could prove to be his undoing. Stick to the boxing skills Carlos and you'll be grand!