Reason for the Eubank Jr/Booth split: violation of the Warrior’s Code

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jun 8, 2020.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Since there’s no news going about in British boxing atm I thought I’d share this after listening to Tris Dixon’s Life Stories podcast with Chris Eubank Jr (a good listen btw).

Tris asks him why they split and the reason was a violation of the Warrior’s Code.

Chris was in Booth’s gym and Michael Venom Page came for a spar. They sparred one round and then Chris said 30 seconds rest before round 2. MVP said he needed one minute rest so Chris basically told him to **** out of the gym and let someone else spar.

MVP and his trainer left the gym and Chris claims Booth took their side and Chris saw this as a violation of the Warrior’s Code.

All a bit petty and minor but puts to rest the common view that Booth couldn’t deal with Eubank Sr’s antics.

DJN16 and Patter983 like this.
  2. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Never liked Booth not sure if you believe everything Jnr says about this incident , but something doesn’t sit right with me when it comes to Booth.

3. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    He’s defo weird as **** and by all accounts very money motivated. Can’t blame him for that.

Eubank spoke pretty honestly throughout the interview so I’ve got no reason to not believe him but sure, you need two sides. Booth never indulges personal stuff in interviews though so he will never counter it.

Patter983 likes this.
  4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    It does sound quite disrespectful, especially if 30 seconds wasn’t what was agreed.

I’d have kicked him out too for being a primadonna. It’s Booth’s gym so it’s disrespectful to him as well.

Maybe jr should take a minute in future and think about the technical and tactical side of his boxing.

DoubleJab666 and Holler like this.
  5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    If a fighter A is going to fighter B’s gym, A should at least have the courtesy to play by B’s rules. Or at least agree the format prior to the spar.

6. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    It says CEJ kicked MVP out?

MVP has only had 2 pro boxing matches against a couple of bums. Don’t see what he brings to the table in terms of sparring CEJ probably wanted rid of him after seeing how bad he was after a round.

7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’d trust booth over the eubanks.

the fact that jr doesn’t follow instructions from his corner is enough for any trainer to say no thanks

Holler and ryanm8655 like this.
  8. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Venom page is a tool, apparently Degale headbutted him and threw him out as well. Sounds like he was just cruising around trying to build some beef for a potential crossover match as this was when he had those cameo boxing fights on Joe Joyce's early under cards. He goes in the gym and does all this karate kid stuff and childish taunting to try and get a reaction. It was Eubank's gym in Brighton therefore he is entitled to set the rules. Booth walked out after Page and didn't back Jr up which Chris took as an insult. Lets not forget his drunken master routine against mismatched journeyman Michael Ciach.

This content is protected

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Somali Sanil, Arnie and CutThroatFade like this.
  9. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    That was embarrassing, maybe Haye told him to try make a name for himself.

PBK another fighter who does that taunting overmatched opponents, you’d think Booth would have a word.

pow likes this.
  10. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I dunno. If it's Booths gym who is Chris to be telling people to **** off out of it?.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  11. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He's odd and creeps me out even watching his interviews. God knows what he's like in person.

Patter983 likes this.
  12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Reassuring to read this. Young CHRIS is clearly following in his father’s footsteps and living life through the warriors CODE. Not many modern boxers follow the code, Froch the obvious recent example: they’re a dying breed and should be revered / celebrated.

Arnie, CutThroatFade and Bulldog24 like this.
  13. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I’ve got a hunch that boy DUBOIS lives by a version of the warriors code. Young Connor Benn portrays himself as living by the code but he doesn’t pass the smell test.

LongJohn likes this.
  14. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    It was Eubank's gym in Hove.

Accurate and CutThroatFade like this.
  15. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    My mistake, didn’t catch while I was listening that it was the gym in Hove.

ryanm8655 and Accurate like this.