Ricky Hatton Tickets

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jcrh22, Aug 7, 2007.

1. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    The GF had me in stitches after the Zoo fight....I've never heard such crap They'd all picked Zoo by very early KO and were busy blaming poor reffing, hostile crowd, low blows, roughing up etc but the best was people moaning that Zoo had to fight at 3am - like Hatton didn't!!

Tzyzu took the defeat like a true champ, he could have given the GF a few pointers!

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Oh yeah, that was awful.

The worst is when they call a fighter shot but have no reasons as to why. Tszyu wasn't shot, he just lost.

3. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    It was like watching Pedroza-McGuigan again.

4. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Another shame. Pedroza is shot, McGuigan gets no credit, he ducked Nelson. Forget the hard 15 he fought.

5. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    I have refuted this a ridiculous amount of times. It is a worthless argument.

6. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    True, I know its a massive generalization but ageing champs seem to get beaten by young pressure fighters quite a lot. I think its a hard style to beat for 12/15 rounds when you've lost that little edge.

7. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    i aint booked flights yet but have 350set aside for tickets

8. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    But then you have to think how shot is Kostya Tszyu when he can fight that hard for 11 rounds and had he wanted gone 12! Tszyu has NEVER shown THAT type of stamina. Tszyu best display of stamina is in his last fight!

9. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    Just how 'shot' Zoo was is a hard question to answer. Not to take anything away from Ricky but (IMO) both the Mitchell and Judah fights were freak results in that both of them, tactically, fought very poorly esp. Mitchell. If you take those results away them you have a 34(?) year old champ who'd not really been in a competitive fight for over 3 years.

For the record (in case I get accused of using hindsight) I thought both those results flattered Tyuzu and picked Hatton by decision (I had £50 at 7/1). I was in the MEN counting my money....nearly!;)

10. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    He beat two slick southpaws and he beat Mitchell twice. Both would never beat Tszyu. Tszyu has their number. People always thought they box their way to a UD but Tszyu is hunting them, catching up with them and timing them from the first bell. The fact he got them out of there in 2 and 3 rounds shows how on point he is.

3 rounds in 2 years is a lie. Truth is he'd fought 3 rounds 7 months ago. Out of that 7 months, HALF of it was a training camp for Ricky Hatton. Prior to that Tszyu had THREE training camps for Mitchell.

Mitchell is going to have the style to show if Tszyu is rusty, lacked sharpnss, reflexes, power etc He didn't. He beat the number 1 guy in the division in 3 rounds.

Plus ultimately Tszyu didn't LOOK shot or past it. He just lost.

11. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    As I remember those two fights Zoo didn't have to do as much 'hunting down' as he should have. Both Mitchell and Judah fought dumb fights (esp Mitchell), I'm not saying that would have won but the early KOs flattered Zoo IMO.

12. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Not true at all. He had to get up on his toes and track these cats down. He had to time his right hand and be wary of their slick fast shots. All indicating Tszyu is not shot. Mitchell has absolutely no exuse, it was the second time he was fighting him. Judah on the other hand was fighting what people consider the right fight, he just got beat.

I don't see how they flatter Zoo, rather show how devastating he is. Could Cotto, Floyd, Witter etc do what Zoo did to Judah? No. Even a 6'2 welter throwing 100 punches a round versus an older and even more beaten up Mitchell couldn't put him away in three.

Mitchells next fight he shutout a fighter with one loss.

Nothing suggests Tszyu was shot or close to being shot. Maybe he wasn't in his prime but so what, who is. Prime is bull**** brought up in hindsight. Tszyu was at his smartest and most experienced, while still retaining his physical faculties.

13. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    We remember different fights then. I distinctly remember Mitchell foolishly deciding to stand and trade rather than use his boxing skills. I'm not saying Zoo was shot, I'm saying people read too much into those 2 results (esp. Mitchell) when assesing Hattons chances.

14. nulty

nulty Guest

The people who say that Kostya was old or shot need to get grip. They're ones who saw Zoo in training and said he'd destroy Ricky.

15. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    This content is protected