Ruiz V Joshua 2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Nov 30, 2019.

Who ya got?

1. Ruiz by KO

40.8%
  2. Ruiz on PTS

0.8%
  3. The Draw

0.8%
  4. Joshua by KO

35.2%
  5. Joshua on PTS

22.4%
  1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This content is protected

The countdown begins

2. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    Just looking through his CV, Pablon was the referee who allowed Klitschko to jab, grab and lean all over Povetkin. He also recently refereed the Kovalev v Yarde fight.

crixus85 and Twentyman like this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    you may as well add a poll to the thread.

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Just about to say the same thing @Scissors , deffo needs a poll.

Surely Ruiz’s team would have also have had some influence over who reffed and judged it?

There’s just so many variables to this fight and so many question marks mainly over Joshua because Ruiz is bringing that heat again without question. He fights the same way. Joshua has chosen to lose a bit of muscle mass, he’s going to use more movement and he’s gonna try and box. It’s just what happens when he gets chinned...will he stick the game plan or will he start throwing hooks again with Ruiz?

ryanm8655 likes this.
  5. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    The numbers on the gloves are off youtube video are insane considering neither man is a renowned talker or either man was being particularly nasty which normally gets people talking 2.8 million views. 1.5 million on the 'debate' one with Haye, bellew froch etc!

6. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    @Citizen Smith posted a video on another thread with a body language expert offering his opinion on the GAO. I recommend it.

im sparticus likes this.
  7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    What did the expert say?

8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m not sure I could do it justice, but he could read from Ruiz that he doesn’t believe it was a lucky punch and this isn’t about the 15 minutes of fame for him, he firmly believes he will beat him again. He is confident and maintains eye contact with Joshua when he’s saying what he’s going to do.

As for Joshua, when asked if he felt uncomfortable being sat opposite Ruiz he said he wasn’t, however, his body language throughout showed that he was uncomfortable. He found Nelson’s questions to himself and Ruiz both hugely uncomfortable. However, he believes he can put it right. Nelson asked him something like ‘what’s difference this time’ and he answered the question in terms of his state of mind but was bobbing and weaving as he answered it, which implied to the body language expert that they had been practicing his defence and making himself harder to hit.

9. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    A fine summation.

Twentyman likes this.
  10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I agree with the expert to an extent but don’t think that has a bearing on the outcome. Imagine sitting at that table, facing the man who’s took everything from you and looking to finish you off and being asked those questions! It’s going to be uncomfortable. Joshua can’t admit that as it’s a sign of weakness but in reality, any man would feel uncomfortable.

11. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    I am not a fighter (not in this sense), but I have to be able to get things done and know deep down that I can do it. The difference here is that I don't get paid if it is not done. You have to know.

12. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    This is absolutely true. I totally get Joshua feeling like that. I was just glad to hear that Ruiz craves more and believes he can win. Will make for a great fight.

13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Nice. Sounds like the dude has it spot on.

I'm leaning back towards Ruiz :D

Where's the ****ing poll? :D

Twentyman likes this.
  14. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    After watching the DAZN documentary it just confirmed everything that I thought at the time.
    Joshua was caught with a shot to the side of the head that wrecked his equilibrium and to which he never recovered from. There was no panic attack or sparring KO.
    The fact that he stayed in the fight for as long as he did afterwards while most likely suffering from at best a mild concussion says a lot about both fighters and how I believe the rematch will go.
    Joshua by KO or wide points win.

Scissors likes this.
  15. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    Poll added and here’s a link to the body language video @Citizen Smith and
    @Twentyman made reference to

This content is protected

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    im sparticus and Twentyman like this.