Ruiz V Joshua 2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Nov 30, 2019.

Who ya got?

1. Ruiz by KO

40.8%
  2. Ruiz on PTS

0.8%
  3. The Draw

0.8%
  4. Joshua by KO

35.2%
  5. Joshua on PTS

22.4%
  1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    If AJ is presumably planning on moving and boxing for 12 rounds think that's the wrong strategy, Ruiz showed in the first fight his timing, handspeed and skill is good enough to close the distance, he was outjabbing AJ even before the 3rd round. Think a better strategy would be to take the centre of the ring, impose himself and try to push Ruiz onto the backfoot, a risky strategy for sure but I just can't see AJ managing to keep his chin untouched for 12 rounds on the outside, Ruiz is too good for that.

Brixton Bomber and bangalangin like this.
  2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Anyone seen the vid where a.j & ruiz are stood together and A.j asks ruiz " what's the way to beat you" ruiz answers "box me off."
    Quite a bizarre question I thought from A.J.
    Shows a lack of confidence.

3. itsa123

itsa123 New Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Yea thought that was weird. Didn’t hear ruiz response. Should of just ignored it

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Have you got a link, mate?

Aydamn likes this.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    AJ discusses the conversation here. This is a very insightful video from the fighters meeting earlier today

This content is protected

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    AJ is mentally shot to pieces. CONFIRMED.

7. itsa123

itsa123 New Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Wants to hold middle of ring and keep distance? Think he’ll be on the back foot straight away

8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Well you write a convinving a post mate, unfortunately I can never be convinced because I know olympic teams, and football players and long distance runners, and power lifters all destroy their bodies day in and day out....and still come back the next day having to do it all over again.

I never look forward to going to the gym because I destroyed my body the last time and now I have to do more than I did last time.. otherwise I am not progressing... so mentally Im hesistant but I get right into it day in and day out.

Ask ANY professional fighter in the UNIVERSE... and they will say that fight night is a walk in the park compared to training camp

FIGHT NIGHT IS NOTHING... they smile on that day... that is the day they are least worried about because all the hard work and grafting was done in the gym... where fights are won.

So if you think AJ has a tough night on fight night... then you've never seen what they go through on training camps... day in and day out for weeeks upon weeks... some sparring is as tough or tougher than fight night.

How hard do you train twenty? How often have you pushed your body to its limits and did it again and again the next day? Because ive been there... and only warriors can show up consistently the next day... and we dont lose anything "or a piece of us" because we have to be better than we were yesterday and last week and last year.

Nobody moved forward by "losing parts of them" along the way.

9. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Run forest runs

10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Significant size change, looking less bulked and buff

looks like he has lost ten pounds of muscle and around 235 pounds

11. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Hate to say it after being excited for so long but this has run, tie up, nick a controversial decision with help from the ref throughout written all over it.

12. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Joshua looked tiny at the press conference before. Not pumped up full of juice any more. His head looked massive on his body.

13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I did groan when I read it. I hope you are entirely wrong

14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    You had some of the anti matchroom brigade call Parker vs AJ exactly that but in reality it was comfortable win for AJ who fought more cautious fight than he had before and some may argue he dispalyed more ring IQ than he had done before.

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I acknowledged the training camp in my post where I said they get the crap beaten out of them in the training camp for 12 weeks.

We’ll have to agree to disagree.